The PC-platformer is described by the developer as “the grandchild” of The Great Giana Sisters – a Super Mario Bros clone that sparked much controversy when it first arrived on shelves in 1987.
Black Forest Games has “re-birthed the franchise” with a new concept and story of Giana and her twisted dream-world.
The game is being released as a result of the studio’s successful Kickstarter campaign which successfully raised 124% of its funding goal. The game has also been approved as an entry in Valve’s second round of Steam Greenlight releases.
Those who pre-order the game advance will receive 25% off the $14.99 retail price.
Here’s a list of game features:
- Challenging Levels – Discover three distinctive worlds with 23 challenging levels. Each one transforms from fluffy nightmare to spooky dream by a push of a button.
- Personal Style – Whether you like speed run through each of the amazing levels or take your time exploring even the last secret of Giana’s dreams. It’s up to you.
- Lush graphics – Detailed landscapes morph from lush, colorful surroundings to surreal, spiky nightmare worlds. It doesn’t matter how often you’ll see it, you’ll detect new details every time.
- Amazing puzzles – Blocked pathways open up when Giana transforms: pretty flower beds mutate to thorn covered bushes and diamonds can only be collected in one form or the other.
- Various Game Modes – it’s challenging in normal mode. But it becomes a nail biting, mind bending, and furious experience in hardcore mode.
- Legendary Soundtrack – listen to Chris Hülsbeck’s tunes changing from Chiptune to the metal riffs from SID-Rockers Machinae Supremacy.
- Epic battles – from vicious gargoyles to magnificent boss-monsters. You’ll need every trick in your sleeves to master all the challenges that lie ahead of Giana.
The PC version of the game will be available worldwide next week on October 23. A release date on Steam will be announced soon, and the XBLA and PSN versions are scheduled for release in early 2013.
Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.