Deadly Premonition: The Director’s Cut coming to PS3 in 2013

Tuesday, 16th October 2012 16:29 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Deadly Premonition:The Director’s Cut will be released on PS3 next year.

The game contains new features, HD graphics, an updated control system, and a brand new scenario from the game’s director, Hidetaka “Swery” Suehiro, and DLC in addition to the main campaign.

Deadly Premonition: The Director’s Cut is both “a love letter to fans” and an update for new players.

Expect it during Q1 2013.

1. YoungZer0

YES! I can’t wait. I really hope HD Graphics doesn’t just mean more pixel though, because that wasn’t the problem for me.

2. zinc

I’ve heard this described as a Twin Peaks for videogames & so bad it’s good…

So definitely interested :-) I wonder how many more 360 cast-offs will be coming the PS3′s way as this cycle grinds on?

Witcher 2? I know Witcher is being discussed.

3. Lord Gremlin

Finally! I mean, it’s been out for ages for PS3 in Asia, but Japanese/Chinese text is a big issue for a lot of western people.
    @2 It never was a 360 exclusive. It’s a 360/PS3 multiplatform, original name Red Seeds Profile. But only 360 version got localized for US/Europe. Which is strange.

4. Da Man

A terrible game with abysmal production values.

5. zinc

@3, Thanks for clearing that up, though I think #4 has resolved why it wasn’t localized for the USA/EU.

Now it’s become a somewhat cult hit, they’ve decided to spend the money & get it released.

6. Dovtutis

Why only PS3?

7. KrazyKraut

Awesome!

8. loki

very nice

9. absolutezero

What in the name of God did you just say loki?

very nice?

Its the end of days.

10. ManuOtaku

I will pick it up if the price tag is on the same line of the 360 counterpart, if i dont recall wrong was 20$ i got it for less, like 10$, and to tell you the truth i gladly would had pay full 60$ for it, i dont mind the almost ps2/xbox looking graphics which is the only thing that can turn some gamers off this game, it is really a great game, for me is the best survival horror game this gen alongside shadown of the damned.