Kickstarter: Pro Pinball funding campaign begins

Thursday, 6th September 2012 11:04 GMT By Dave Cook

Pro Pinball: Revived & Remastered’s Kickstarter campaign has begun, and developer Silverball Studios needs your help funding the game. The game is currently being funded for a PC, Mac and iOS release.

Silverball is aiming to raise $400,000 in Kickstarter funding to make the project a reality. The game hopes to be as authentic as possible, and the team have enlisted pinball legend Pat Lawlor to assist in development.

Lawlor, who created the best-selling pinball table ever made – the Addams Family said in a statement, “Being involved with this project is hugely exciting. The team at Silverball is the only choice when it comes to virtual pinball. This project is like a dream come true for me too, without the usual economic constraints of the real world, I can explore design strategies that would normally be impossible.”

To back the project and reap its many fundng rewards, head to the Pro Pinball Kickstarter page here.

1. Yoshi

Seriously how does this get a news article but the defense grid Kickstarter didn’t :/

2. Dave Cook

@1 I would have put that up if I was working here at the time. I love Kickstarter.

3. Yoshi

@2 In that case why didn’t you start sooner :( :P They got it fully pledged for the expansion pack but they’re still going to be needing funding for the full sequel, so hopefully they can find a way.

4. sh4dow

Hell yeah! Purchased the old tables at GoG not too long ago and was actually wondering why they don’t try a Kickstarter considering their success in the past…

5. sh4dow

Although I have to say that I find it kind of disappointing that they’re doing remakes of all tables and only one new one that is still far off.

First off: The old versions are still fine picture quality wise, as long as you don’t try to play them in portrait mode.

Secondly, it seems to me they could/should have done that by themselves. By that, I mean porting the four old tables and releasing them on all kinds of platforms and then take the earnings form that and fund new tables with the money.