Call of Juarez: Gunslinger revealed for 2013 digital launch, live action trailer hits

Thursday, 6th September 2012 08:32 GMT By Dave Cook

Call of Juarez: Gunslinger has been revealed for PSN, XBLA and PC by developer Techland, following a mysterious teaser image on Facebook yesterday.

Ubisoft is on publishing duties once again, and unveiled the game’s debut trailer this morning, which shows the gunslinger in question hanging an outlaw, then looking at a wanted poster for the notorious Butch Cassidy before getting his guns ready. Could he be the game’s main villain?

Joystiq reports that Call of Juarez: Gunslinger is closer to Bound in Blood in terms of gameplay, with all sorts of gunplay tricks and brutal kills adding towards your running point total. Shoot well and you can spend earned points on upgrades as you progress.

Here are some debut shots of the game:

Cheers Joystiq.

1. Ali

Would have loved a retailer release, but I am gland Techland is going back to the right tract.

2. dex3108

Well i was hoping that it would be AAA game not Xbox Live/PSN title. Well they really screw up with The Cartel and those are consequences. I hope that we would get at least 6 hour campaign.

3. Sadismek

@1 Yeah, would have loved that too. I haven’t played The Cartel mainly because I wanted to leave my fond memories of the first CoJ unspoiled. That was one of the best Wild West-themed games I’ve ever played, aside Red Dead Redemption.

4. Takeshi

Second game was great. I haven’t completed the first game yet. I haven’t played Cartel yet though I don’t have any particular wish to do so. I hope the problems with The Cartel won’t present themselves in this new forth game. I mean, just because they are returning to The Wild West doesn’t mean it won’t potentially be a bad game.

5. Edo

Removed.Downloadable title?I guess it’s better than nothing especially since we don’t get too many old west themed games,here’s a GamesRadar preview
    http://www.gamesradar.com/call-juarez-gunslinger-preview-jumping-new-saddl among other things:
    - hand-drawn-art style
    - the game has a stronger arcade feeling than the previous titles
    - you can veer off the beaten path in certain stages, but it’s not a free-roaming open-world shooter by any means
    - revamped concentration mode
    - you can expect notorious figures such as Billy the Kid,Pat Garrett and Butch Cassidy
    - new gameplay feature lets you dodge an otherwise fatal shot

6. zinc

This game had better NOT have your character killing Butch Cassidy! Butch and Sundance went down in a blaze of glory in Mexico… Everyone knows that.

7. Dave Cook

@5 thanks for flagging, working on getting a new version up.

8. Dave Cook

@5 Seems like IGN have it exclusively and the person who posted it on YouTube has been asked to take it down. We’ll get our own version soon.

9. Edo

@7 No problem,added some info there for you, http://www.gamesradar.com/call-juarez-gunslinger-preview-jumping-new-saddle/ (working link for GamesRadar preview) I hope you don’t mind.

10. KrazyKraut

Mh..Techland and Ubisoft are heavy on digital now. Mad Riders got the same treatment.

11. Get_crazy

Here’s another Youtube version for the live action trailer

12. freedoms_stain

@6, actually irl nobody really knows, which is a great way to fire up some fiction.

13. Edo

Ok then…

14. zinc

@12, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPHqMioKPc8&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Historical proof right there :-)

Possible the best ending ever imo.