Theatrical trailer for Silent Hill: Revelation 3D makes the film look a bit promising

Saturday, 28th July 2012 18:30 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Below the break you will find the movie trailer for Silent Hill: Revelation 3D.

The movie stars Adelaide Clemens, Carrie-Anne Moss, Malcolm McDowell, and reunites Jon Snow with his now headless father Eddard Stark, as only Silent Hill can.

Yeah, okay, it’s just the actors Kit Harington and Sean Bean, but we can dream, right?

We may actually have to see this Silent Hill flick, as the trailer looks rather nice. Still, we may wait for the DVD – it depends on how it reviews.

Then again, it does have Sean Bean in it. Rawr.

Movie’s out, fittingly, in time for Halloween.

1. KAP

Hmmm…

2. absolutezero

It makes the film look a bit fucking dire.

Hey lets make one of the more interesting grey characters into a teenage romantic interest.

Also lets take one of the best examples of a female main character in the entire industry and make her tote a man about behind her for no fucking reason.

Also dodgy accents everywhere pretending to be American.

Also Pyramid Head fan service.

Also sexy nuns for no reason.

Also complete shit.

3. YoungZer0

Sean Bean is probably going to die in this. Nice to see Jon Snow also getting a spotlight here.

4. DSB

Eddard Stark is headless now?! You just ruined A Song of Ice and Fire for me Steph!

Damn your spoiling ways. Damn them!

5. absolutezero

The only reason Sean Bean came back to film the second part was his contractual obligation to be killed in everything he’s cast in.

Also Sharpe is a much better TV series than Game of Thrones and it depresses me that Bean will now be known for “Walking into Mordor” and getting his head cut off.

6. DSB

He didn’t die in Bravo Two Zero. He did eat poop though.

7. Erthazus

@DSB, to be honest You can watch GoT show without reading a book. It’s pretty close to that.

I read only the first book and watched the first season and after that I don’t bother anymore. GoT show is pretty close to the book.

8. DSB

@7 I was kidding :P I am reading the books at the moment, and I have watched the show (because the planet I live on is called Earth!).

The first season was great, but I can’t say I’m too impressed with the second season. It wasn’t very coherent. I have a feeling the book is going to do a better job of it.

They’re pretty damn good!

9. Crab of Thunder

@7 Your right with the first season, they are very close, but the 2nd takes a different path due to budget and time and all that.

The show is great not disputing that, but read the books because they are fantastic!

10. Clupula

I actually thought the tv show did a better job with the second season than the second book did. Dany is a completely useless character in the second book and Rob only gets a single scene, for how much he’s talked up. Plus, the end of the second season was so much more impressive than the end of the second book.

As for this, it looks unimpressive to me. I don’t like the idea of Jon Snow as Vincent.

11. bitsnark

He (Sean Bean) also didn’t die in Troy; which is a complete shame because his character was of the sort of douchebag magnitude that you had hoped that he would.

Horribly.

12. Freek

Hmmm, dodgy. Great visuals, but in terms of story and characters it seems verry hollywood and verry unlike Silent Hill.

13. Custard Ganet

Maguffin medallions,shoehorned love interests,crummy dialogue that you have heard a thousand times before,CGI on everything,nurses and pyramid head cos yah cant do a silent hill flick without them right? and all in glorious 3D!! No thanks Hollywood,this actually looks worse than the first film,i know it’s just a trailer and all but its a pretty damn bad trailer all said.

14. Phoenixblight

This is a different studio, different director and writer not only that it has a much lower budget than the original flick. Which means different expectations.