ESA teasing E3 2013 announcement for Monday

Saturday, 28th July 2012 14:05 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

ESA vice president Rich Taylor has teased an E3 2013 announcement for Monday, via Twitter.

Here’s the tweet:

“On Monday I’ll be making a big announcement regarding E3 2013, so be sure to follow me for updates and spread the word.”

The announcement may pertain to whether or not the event will be held in 2013 at the LA Convention Center.

Construction on the $1.2 billion Farmers Field stadium – which would demo the West Hall of the LA Convention Center – is slated to start in March 2013 should the latest EIR report be approved by the city of Los Angeles.

The construction would impact admission to and the set up of E3 in 2013.

In June, ESA president Michael Gallagher told the LA Times cities such as San Francisco, New York, Chicago and New Orleans were candidates should the event need to be moved.

1. Razor

West Midlands, UK, please ESA :)

2. GrimRita

@1 LOL. Mind you, the ICC has lots of events – so anything is possible. But LA is such an amazing place to work and visit. But New York would be nice, especially if their heat wave continues (or starts again) in 2013.

But probably to be different, they will hold it in Alaska!

3. Stephany Nunneley

@2 I am still crossing my fingers for New Orleans. I would go to E3 there in a heartbeat! Hell, I could drive to it easily enough. ;)

4. SlayerGT

@3 Swing by my house on the way…carpool! :)

5. Da Man

Wow, people already preparing for next year E3..

Lots of time for empty theories and unwitty debates, exploring endless possibilities and questioning everything, including the very existence of E3. What a time to be online.

6. OrbitMonkey

If people shooting the breeze on forums really harshes your mellow, why not do something else?

Unless of course lurking on the net using your vast intellect to make snarky comments is how you get jolly’s that is?

7. Da Man

Because this used to be basically the only english website without pointless babbling from lifeless posters (aside from Gaf, but the latter asks for a non web email, so it’s more of a hassle) it quickly degenerated into the likes of Ign lately. You know those ‘general discussion’ threads, ‘does God exist’ threads, ‘Post your specs’ threads, shitty done to death topics, opinions taken from someone’s blog..

I’m not lurking here daily, unlike some folks. Why not, it’s not like there’s anything more fun left around here. Besides it’s not like that’s all I do, despite what you’re implying, Crap, grammar fail again.

I’m just saying.

8. OlderGamer

Or DM, it could be possible that a lot of folks here actualy get along. I know I play games with a few of them from time to time. We don’t all have to be putting each other down in order to have something to talk about.

Not every thread has to be a fight about something. That alone distinquishes this site from others.

9. OrbitMonkey

@7, Well sitting in the corner, pointing fingers and saying “Youse all dum, hurr hurr” really improves the level of discourse :-)

Theirs a forum thread to the right, start one up about whatever tickles your fancy.

10. Da Man

You asked why, I told you.

No, I’ll leave it to the saddest individuals around here to do that and be determined enough to enter the captcha all the time.

Besides it isn’t a discourse, it’s a natural regress, which sadly happens to most similar websites.

11. DSB

Whenever I’m disappointed in the general level of discourse, I just make sure I’m the saddest, most intolerable cunt in it.

So I totally sympathize with Da Man. Keep up the good work, champ. We’ll turn this around.

12. Da Man

I don’t babble on about the same bullshit in the most tedious manner. Guess who does then.

—————> Right over there.

Thank you for the sympathizing, I don’t aim to turn anything around. I’m just saying. You can’t turn around natural disasters.

13. Ireland Michael

The problem with Da Man’s utter bullshit is that just because he thinks it, he has to go out of the way to ruin the fun for everyone else.

Almost nobody else shares your opinion, Da Man. Your petulant whining is every single thread is tiresome and drull, and now people other than me are finally bothering to call you on it. I don’t know what happened to make you such an utterly miserable cunt, because you used to be just another poster until recent times, but at this time the entire forum thinks you’re a complete gobshite.

You’re one of those people who can’t get attention by being basically decently, so you try to act like a dick instead, but you seem incapable of realising that everyone is laughing at you for trying so hard.

——–

If everyone completely ignored Da Man and simply didn’t respond to anything he said, he’d no longer have any reaction to work with and would get bored of his whiny tirades very quickly.

14. Da Man

I think the amount of threads and posts mocking O’Connor’s attitude over the years greatly exceeds several people.

.. Basically, to each and every one of those O’Connor gave the reply he posted above.

I also think if I were an err, attention seeker, I’d post some..deliberately pseudo original views or probably would be yawning at the most popular videogame ever… You really are unbelievably ironic, O’Connor.

Please do carry on contributing. What were you saying again?

15. Ireland Michael

@19 I have to laugh at that solely because it’s always the same people every single time. You, GIGZ, and a handful of other. It’s like watching a group of sheep bleeting after each other.

Your entire existence on this forum boils down to you insulting everyone in every thread because of your overblown ego’s raging superiority complex. It’s only a matter of time before Pat ends up getting tired of your constant derailings and simply bans your ass.

—-

The only “irony” in all this is that you keep mocking everyone’s “contributions” while contributing absolutely nothing of any merit yourself.

16. Da Man

Okay.

I think I should dig up a thread where you threw a hissy fit and asked him to delete your account, because wahh, the whole website is ruined.

If I had a superiority complex, I’d be posting in CoD threads calling people for playing the most popular online shooter, and trying hard to make them realize how superior Battlefield, where I have the worst stats of all involved is. You know, the kind of stuff like ‘Let them play their toys, I have my quality entertainment.’ and the such.

Might be continuously mocking MGS as well. (I do, but not that often as some of us)

Nope, brah. The irony is that you are always the top contributor tot he most derailed, most inane threads. Everywhere else you just keep on yawning.

17. Ireland Michael

@17 Cool story, bro.

Nobody cares.

18. Da Man

Wrong line, brah.

Obv you do, the most.

Point is that if you ‘re statistically a sad prick, you shouldn’t really call out anyone on any kind of behavior. Run along now, there’s some videogames storytelling to criticize in the latest fps.

19. absolutezero

[Trigger Warning]

20. DSB

21. G1GAHURTZ

@16:

It’s Ramadhaan, so I’m going to leave you alone.

Have a nice day, Michael.

22. Ireland Michael

@22 You too.

23. DSB

Ramadan kareem brah!

24. G1GAHURTZ

lol!

Thanks.

25. TD_Monstrous69

Hoping ESA announces a move 2 New York come 2013 (or Las Vegas).

26. stretch215

Yeah, New York would be great. Then I could actually go.

27. NocturnalB

Steph i live in Houston, Texas. I’ve been to and worked in New Orleans a few times, trust me. You do not want E3 to be held there. The city is not the same anymore, not to mention the crime rate has exploded. Then again E3 is in LA so what the hell am i saying??

How about Austin, Texas for E3 2013!!!

28. Phoenixblight

E3 now is not in that area of LA. Its closer to the more suburban area of LA which has a much lower crime rate than that of East LA. I used to live there up until 18. There are good areas of LA. IF anything E3 will probably be in th newer convention center in LA. I doubt they will completely relocate as ESA offices are located in LA.

29. NocturnalB

Yeah the newer convention center was my more realistic guess as well. Moving E3 would be like moving comic-not so much about comics anymore more about bullshit pop culture and place to debut movies-con from LA. LA gets all the fun stuff dangit…