Mon, Jun 25, 2012 | 09:25 BST
Nintendo aiming at “most appropriate ways” to make announcements following E3, Nintendo Direct news
Nintendo has said in a statement it’s continuing to look at the “most appropriate ways” to announce new products to consumers following its E3 press conference earlier this month and last week’s Nintendo Direct.
The company came under fire for its E3 showing for a lack of a core showing on a first-party front for Wii U; the only title that fit under that umbrella being Pikmin 3.
And last week’s Nintendo DIrect announced Nintendo 3DS XL – a revision that was rumoured by Japanese newspaper Nikkei the day before Nintendo’s E3 presser – as well as news that Namco Bandai had been brought on to develop Super Smash Bros for Wii U and 3DS.
“At E3 we had very specific announcements that we wanted to focus on,” Nintendo told IGN.
“We had a lot of things to talk about, and we had to decide which things were most appropriate for each method of announcement. E3 is just one of the many opportunities for companies to make announcements, and we’re always looking for the most appropriate ways to both inform and surprise consumers.”