Skylanders Spyro’s Adventure best-selling game so far in 2012

Friday, 1st June 2012 13:50 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Activision has announced Skylanders Spyro’s Adventure was the number one, best-selling console and handheld video game title between January and April 30, 2012 worldwide based on revenue inclusive of toys and accessories, according to NPD Group, GfK, Charttrack and Activision internal estimates. The game was released in October.

1. Pytox

activision’s pokémon?

2. OlderGamer

I really liked this game. I think the portal idea could be a really neat way to market certian things. I also know that the tablet controler from WiiU will be able to scan objects and put them into your game too. Should be interesting to see what happens.

3. manamana

^ easy to guess: pokémon WiiU launch title or early 2013 and the thing goes through the roof.

4. NeoSquall

If this is really true we should just quit the business.

5. OlderGamer

Why Neo?

6. TheWulf

Skylanders was also one of the games I enjoyed the most in 2012. Why is that? It’s by Toys for Bob, the guys who were responsible for Star Control II. I mean, those guys really have a massive understanding of what fun is. And Skylanders? Skylanders was really fucking fun. It was better than almost all the mainstream tripe that was released prior to it this year.

Also, I can’t help but facepalm at NeoSquall. I’m getting kind of tired of people who think they have to be hip kids, making a song and dance about anything that isn’t grimdark and gothy.

How about playing it before damning it? Who knows, you might actually have fun.

7. absolutezero

I would like this tech if I could jam anything on the stupid portal and have it appear in the game.

Like a He-man figure or a can of Dr Pepper.