People Can Fly tied with next Gears of War, confirms Epic boss

Friday, 1st June 2012 13:26 GMT By Johnny Cullen

Epic boss Mike Capps has confirmed People Can Fly is involved with the next Gears of War announced yesterday evening.

When asked by Kotaku EIC Stephen Totilo of the Bulletstorm studio’s involvement, Capps said in a tweet, in probably the most Daniel Bryan fashion ever, this: “YES YES YES!”

No more details were given on the announcement last night besides that it’ll Game Informer’s next cover and will form part of Microsoft’s press conference on Monday.

But People Can Fly has previously been tied to speculation it’s building a prequel trilogy in the series.

The last chapter in the original Gears saga, featuring Marcus Fenix and Delta Squad, launched last September.

1. roadkill

Wait, why are all announcements about what People Can Fly are doing made by Epic? Do they own them?

2. Ali Hayas

Yes they do. Can this be an FPS GoW ?

3. Pytox

FPS GoW? eew :p

4. Moonwalker1982

Very very good news! I hope this means that this Gears game will feel different than the previous three. They were awesome games, don’t get me wrong. But we need something that feels different.

5. Strawb

I hope they actually get to develop something, rather than just porting the game.

6. Ali Hayas

My Q is , why all the sudden hate for Gears these days ? I have always thought that it was considered amongst the best franchises this gen.

7. merseymal

PC version this time?

8. Ali Hayas

@7 I don’t think so. It has never been about the lack of force to port Gears more than the lack of any game to replace its place as one of the most successful 360′s exclusives.

9. The_Red

Hopefully this means that we get a Gears game with some actual depth in gameplay department.

Their Bulletstorm was every bit as over the top, badly characterized and cheap in terms of story and characters but the gameplay in BS was ages ahead of Gears.

10. Da Man

Great.. What other way to ruin Gears even further, add some polish humor and misspelled swearing.

11. Ali Hayas

Well, I really believe that BS was BS. I just hated it. It was very poorly made from graphics to the bland story and very stupid humor. Hope that Epic has sent a trusted guy over there to make sure that things get done the right way.

12. ManuOtaku

Well i just hope at some point they give them light to go with bullestorm 2, i know it is very difficult, but i will not loose hope, man i loved the mechanical T-REX section.

Now maybe this will translate into new life and vision onto this series, colour me interested.