Quantum Conundrum E3 trailer shows puzzle pandemonium, hits PC in June

Thursday, 31st May 2012 15:13 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Square has released the E3 2012 trailer for Quantum Conundrum from Portal creator Kim Swift. It shows some of the crazy dimension shifting you’ll have to do in the game to solve the puzzles. Check it out below, courtesy of GamerTimeUSA. Quantum Conundrum is due via digital distribution this summer, on PC, PS3 and Xbox 360. The console versions remain undated, but Steam has the PC version down for a June 21 release in Europe and the US, and June 22 in Australia, with 10% off pre-orders.

1. Pytox

I want this

2. Pytox

so bad

3. G1GAHURTZ

So bad

4. G1GAHURTZ

that you needed

5. G1GAHURTZ

two seperate comments

6. G1GAHURTZ

?

7. Telepathic.Geometry

Me too Pytox, big-time, but I don’t think that that ad does anything for the game at all…

8. Telepathic.Geometry

…if ya know what I mean.

9. Pytox

I typed too fast, that’s why seperate comments :P

10. TheBlackHole

Portal worked because it was simple. This looks WAY too complicated.

Also, the design is all over the shop – it doesn’t know what it wants to be.

And that character… seriously, WTF.

11. TheWulf

I don’t want to spoil this for myself so I didn’t watch too much of that. The problem with trailers for games like this is that they often involve solutions, and I’ve seen enough of it that I know I really want to play it.

Could you quantify that? See, it sounds like you’re hating on the visual design because it’s not to your tastes and then trying to sound intelligent whilst doing so. (It’s not working, FYI.)

You really need to be able to quantify the issues you have with it if you want to throw around criticisms like that. See my past posts for an example. If I have a problem with something, I will explain myself, and I’ll use resources to do so as necessary.

I really hate it when people do this, because they must think it makes them look really smart. But it doesn’t. It just means that they’ve said stuff about a game, stuff that they might not have even understood the usage thereof.

So please, explain to me your thoughts.

WHY does this look too complicated?

WHY is the design all of the shop?

WHAT do you have against the character?

Answer or don’t, as you will (or most likely won’t).

12. mac_t

I had the exact same thought when I first saw content from this game – in comparison to Portal it does seem exceedingly overcomplicated in both design and gameplay. However, it may be excellent, we’ll have to wait and see.

I must apologise to you, Comment Nazi, if I haven’t fully expressed my exact reasons for saying what I have. I do hope you will not take offense and direct your reign of terror onto me too.

Perhaps the reasons for #10′s comments are contained within the trailer, a trailer you have not fully watched (“I don’t want to spoil this for myself so I didn’t watch too much of that.”) So, some free advice? Watch the trailer, develop your own opinion and allow people the freedom to post as they wish without fear of attack from pseudo-intellectuals such as yourself :)