The game variously known as All Blacks, Wallabies and Jonah Lomu Rugby Challenge is making the jump to Sony’s newest handheld.
Sidhe Interactive’s licensed offering released on PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 last year, but will hit the Vita on June 27 in Australia, Europe, New Zealand South Africa and the UK.
It’s the first Vita game published by Tru Blu entertainment and managing director Sebastian Giompaolo is naturally quite excited.
” It represents a quantum leap forward for hand-held gaming, delivering a console quality HD gaming experience in the palm of your hands,” he said.
“We are especially looking forward to delivering a game into the hands of eager fans which utilises the touch screen capabilities of the world’s latest handheld system.”
The official content blurb is below, along with some screenshots.
- Multiple game modes including Single Match, Competition and Multi Year Career Modes as well as extensive Help and Tutorial Mode options for players new to the game
- 96 teams and 31 stadia, incorporating official team and competition licences for the All Blacks, the Qantas Wallabies, the USA Eagles, Bledisloe Cup, AU/NZ Super Rugby, Aviva Premiership Rugby, TOP 14 Orange, RaboDirect PRO12, ITM Cup, and Ranfurly Shield
- Utilisation of key PlayStation Vita capabilities including touch screen controls for gameplay (conversion kicks and lineouts), the rear touch panel for sprint and a full touch screen user interface
- Online multiplayer capabilities allowing gamers to compete in 1 vs 1 head to head play and leaderboard competitions
- Extensive customisation tools allowing users to shape the game to their own preferences by creating and customising new players, teams and competitions
- Real-time commentary from seasoned rugby commentators Grant Nisbett and former All Blacks’ halfback Justin Marshall.
Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.