Microsoft to stream E3 2012 press briefing through Xbox Live

Wednesday, 30th May 2012 17:56 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Those who won’t be attending E3 2012 but would like to watch the Microsoft press event should fire up their Xbox 360 and watch the event streamed live. According to MS, this is a first. Spike TV will also be airing the briefing live as will Facebook. You can also watch it on your mobile via Xbox.mobi. Those witch access to a PC can head on over to Xbox.com/e3 where you can watch the stream as well as participate “in an interactive chat with other viewers that I’ll be hosting along with Julie Alexandria.” It’s all live and apparently commercial-free. The briefing starts Monday, June 4 at 12.30pm EDT/9.30am PDT.

1. Razor

I’m gonna watch it through my PS3.

/twist.jpg

2. moargamezpleeze

@1 lol,I nearly choked on my hubba bubba.

3. Pytox

I thought it was exclusive on Spike TV & GTTV? :P

4. Colin Gallacher

@3 Still is. Pretty sure the use of exclusive applies to the event being shown live on American TV.

5. danhese

You 2 chuckle dolts above do realize you can watch E3 from PS3 XMB under the Whats New section and on PS Vita using the newly released Nico Nico App right?

6. OrbitMonkey

You would have to be a pretty sad, hopeless wretch to sit through this… That’s why we have journo’s to do the skivvy work, sorting through all the shite and giving us the good bits :-D

Use your 360 for games…

7. Ireland Michael

@6 Seriously? Are you for real?

I know plenty of completely normal people who are avid gamer, that make their days free during E3 just so they enjoy the conferences and see what the big reveals are. There’s nothing “sad” about it, and there’s little difference between doing it in front of a TV or a console – all it is a different means of distribution.

8. daytripper

sigh

9. fearmonkey

@1 – You can’t, this is an Xbox exclusive…… Wait a few months and it will be ported over with better textures, extra content, and support blu-ray.
    (I kid I kid)

10. daytripper

It’s going to be difficult to have decent conversations here during e3

11. OlderGamer

I agree with Mike on this one too. I know I will be watching this stuff.