Ghost Recon: Future Soldier splitscreen a “miscommunication”

Monday, 28th May 2012 04:08 GMT By Brenna Hillier

Ubisoft has apologised for retailer listings – including on its own UbiShop – carrying outdated information regarding Ghost Recon: Future Soldier’s multiplayer modes.

“We’ve been made aware of the presence of outdated information on UbiShop and several retailer sites stating split screen, cooperative play is available in Ghost Recon Future Soldier’s campaign. We have ensured the information has been updated on the sites affected by this,” the publisher wrote on the game’s forums.

“Our customers are extremely important to us, and we hope you’ll accept our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience and frustration caused by this miscommunication.”

Ghost Recon: Future Soldier – our now for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, by the way – actually supports four player co-operative play only via LAN or online play, which has disappointed some couch co-op buddies.

“We will vigilantly work to avoid this problem in the future,” the publisher promised.

Thanks, Joystiq.

1. TheBlackHole

That’s a pretty big miscommunication.

Also, it was the only reason I was interested in this game. Too bad.

2. John117

I just brought my Xbox to my pal and we played through the campaign in one go.

3. TheBlackHole

LAN co-op?

4. Yoshi

@3 Same house/internet connection. Different consoles.

5. DrDamn

So what 2 player local play does it support – because the box says 1-2 players too.

6. FrdFrmBrdn

Rather then “vigilantly working to avoid this problem in the future”, try vigilantly working to fix it. You have ALOT of upset fans of the series complaining, spreading bad word, even returning the game due to somthing that can be fixed with a patch. This goes for not just the split screen local co op campaign but for the lack of the all popular (which myself and all my friends love) terrist hunt. This gorilla mode seems like a cheap easy way out of all out full map hunts with objectives that I just cant stop playing on GRAW2.