Max Payne 3 PC won’t use Games for Windows Live, confirms Rockstar

Friday, 11th May 2012 08:33 GMT By Johnny Cullen

Rockstar’s confirmed in a tweet it won’t add Games for Windows Live support into Max Payne 3 on PC.

“No, Max Payne 3 for PC will not use Games for Windows Live,’ it said in a tweet, as noted by PC Gamer.

The omission of GFWL from MP3 is not the first from a Rockstar title: it left it out of the PC version of LA Noire when it release at the end of last year.

Max Payne 3 launches on PC on May 29 in the US and June 1 in the UK. The PS3 and 360 versions release next week. Get the launch trailer for it here.

Oh, and we now have a crew on Rockstar Social Club. Join us here.

1. Erthazus

Thank god.

2. Christopher Jack

I’ll refuse to get this on PC, after L.A. Noire & every GTA since III, I can’t trust R* to make a workable PC game. In the GTA case, I’ve had too many crashes to list & even saving issues. L.A. Noire’s simply stuck in a syncing screen with no definitive fix.

3. OwnedWhenStoned

@2 Couldn’t agree more about LA Noire. I can’t get past the title screen either.

4. endgame

You know what? I was never into the Max Payne games but I might get this one just because it won’t use GfWL. :))

5. Maximum Payne

Plus , they will have much better sli and multicore support ,dx11.
    This can’t be any better.

6. OwnedWhenStoned

@5 Still no way I’m buying another Rockstar game, GfW live included or not.

That retarded Social Club is the reason LA Noire won’t start on my machine.

7. Maximum Payne

@6 Do you have net framework 4.0 ? Latest DX installed ?
    Or maybe is just ”windows” and need to reinstall.

8. OwnedWhenStoned

It’s nothing to do with any of those things. It’s a bad port.

The overlay for Rockstar Social Club appears and the mouse pointer disappears. There is no way to select the “I don’t want to use this fucking stupid thing, I just want to play the game” option.

It’s a known issue that they haven’t fixed.

Every other game I have works. And I have a lot.

9. GrimRita

If any developer/publisher puts GFWL on the front, it will fail.

10. Christopher Jack

@8, Exactly. I’ve tried every other common solution to this. Including redownloading on my limited 120GB per month data cap.

@9, My poor copy of New Vegas had it stapled on the cover but doesn’t need to utilize it all, just gives me the option of installing it onto the platform.

11. MFBB

Rockstar is horrible with PC ports.

I always buy it for the PS3 when it dropped to 15-25Euros after a few month, then the games are also patched and you get the DLCs etc for free.

12. OwnedWhenStoned

@11 No, I’m not giving them any more of my money, for my PC or my PS3.

13. DSB

It’s about time developers woke up to the fact that GFWL is one of the worst things they could possibly put in their games.

It’s every bit as bad as Ubisofts crappy malware. Apparently Toy Soldiers went to PC without multiplayer because it was too hard and/or too expensive for the developers to work with GFWL.

It just ruins games.

14. ultramega

Wooo. Dodged a bullet there.