Epic Mickey 2 confirmed for PC and Mac

Friday, 30th March 2012 14:23 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Junction Point has confirmed Epic Mickey 2 will launch on PC and Mac bring the game’s launch platforms to total of six.

Warren Spector wouldn’t offer any details on either PC, Mac or the upcoming 3DS version but instead offered that 800 people were working on the title in a new “virtual team” approach.

“It’s pretty crazy,” he told Eurogamer. “There’s a lot of work that goes into it. There are a couple of ways you can approach it. You can either build a studio that has 700 people, which I desperately don’t want to do, and didn’t and don’t and won’t, okay? Or you can find partners around the world.

“So we have people working in Leamington in the UK, in Bulgaria, China, Canada, California, Utah. We have an enormous virtual team. It’s not outsourcing. I’ve got to be clear about that. It’s not that there are a bunch of artists in Shanghai [building] us barrels and trees. We have people in the UK actually building levels for us, under our direction. We talk to them every day. We drive all the creative, but we have an enormous virtual team.”

The 3DS version, called Power of Illusion, is made by developer Dreamrift, while the UK team is Blitz Games which is working on PS3 and Xbox 360 versions.

“We had Wii expertise,” Spector said. “Blitz has great next-gen expertise. We’ve worked with them before. We’ve known them for years. Their design aesthetic is similar to ours.”

Epic Mickey 2 is expected around the holidays.

1. The_Red

Wow, now this was unexpected in a good way.
    But seriously, do something about sub-par visuals in recent HD screenshots. Those along with the camera are my only complaints for this otherwise promising sequel.

2. NeoSquall

Ok Warren, you’re 85% sold on me.
    You can gain another 10% by also adding a port of the original on the PC version.

3. loki

epic fail
    i don’t want this trash with tons of fail ports anymore

4. _LarZen_

A waste of time and money making this game for PC.

5. lkm

^Two fags.

glad to see this game on the pc, never played the first game i don’t have wii, but wanted to, played some Mickey games on the psx and though it’ll be a little nostalgic to play. but this one i diffidently gonna buy (if its good).

6. benzitor

How about a Vita version ? no , really, Vita players are not worth it ?

Damn….

7. The_Red

I hope they announce the 3DS version for Vita. That’s a completely different game is apparently the sequel to classic Mickey game Castle of Illusion.

8. Dragon246

Amazing, why is vita is the only one left and they are making it for wii instead of vita? Something is wrong.

9. TheWulf

@3/4

Just… be quiet.

I’ve had enough of my faith in humanity being raped today by people attacking two small studios (one which has recently suffered lay-offs) for actually trying to do something that’s new and original.

This is at least interesting. What’s wrong with things being a bit fucking different than the same old bloody desaturated shooters we seem to be swamped in these days?

…seriously, what the hell is up with humanity right now?

We need some people around here backing up that my thought patterns aren’t out of the ordinary. Because this really is doing a lot to just completely fuck up my perception of gamers in general. Is “cesspool” just a fun word for us?

10. TheWulf

Anyway, that out of the way, I’m definitely up for this.

I don’t think that the PC receives enough in the way of games like this, and sometimes I worry that the will to at least try to be original is just dying off.

So I’m buying this.

11. back_up

PC gamers got another game to pirate