Quick Shots – The Last of Us has really nasty enemies

Sunday, 25th March 2012 23:55 GMT By Brenna Hillier

Check out some images of a bust crafted by Naughty Dog, showing one of the Infected enemies from The Last of Us.

The Last of Us is set in the aftermath of an apocalypse brought about by brain-controlling fungus, which the frankly horrible bust manages to convey quite clearly.

Naughty Dog’s Evan Wells tweeted the first of these images, and GameInformer dug up the rest.

First revealed at the 2011 Spike VGAs, The Last of Us is a PlayStation 3 exclusive due in late 2012 or early 2013.

1. triggerhappy

Fuck me thats discusting. Excellent design though. I would REALLY not want to come across one of those.

2. LOLshock94

couldnt help but think bluewaffle after seeing these pictures

3. Bleak Harvest

…. is it weird that these makes me hungry?

4. TheKeyPit

Looks like the head transformed into popcorn. Put salt on it…

5. Erthazus

When i looked at these pictures my first thought was that this is a Cake.

:D

6. Brenna Hillier

Did you all look at the larger versions or just the thumbnails? The detail on this thing is amazing and/or disgusting.

7. Phoenixblight

I had watched a show on DIscovery channel about parasites and one of the parasites which these game is based off of was a fungi that killed any insects that were near its spores. I thought that would be a such a great concept for a game and then Naughty Dawg announced this game. I can’t wait to play this game.

On topic: Loving the monster design, great concept work can’t wait to see what they will look like in game.

8. Fethennour

I can’t wait to deal with one of these bastard. :)

9. manamana

@7 “planet earth” – awesome BBC production. Gosh, this is defo my most anticipated game for this year or, whats more likely, next year. Gotta have Ellen Page on my side ;-)