UK charts: FFXIII-2 overthrows FIFA 12, MGS HD storms in

Monday, 6th February 2012 09:57 GMT By Johnny Cullen

Final Fantasy XIII-2 is the new number one in the UK charts, taking over from FIFA 12 after a six-week spell.

FIFA drops to fourth thanks to the release of Metal Gear Solid HD Collection in second and Battlefield 3 gaining two spots in third.

Other new entry Soul Calibur V came in fifth. The rest of the charts are otherwise movers and shakers.

Top ten for the week ending February 4 is below. Last week’s data is here.

• 1 – Final Fantasy XIII-2
  • 2 – Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
  • 3 – Battlefield 3
  • 4 – FIFA 12
  • 5 – Soul Calibur V
  • 6 – Assassin’s Creed: Revelations
  • 7 – Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
  • 8 – The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  • 9 – Just Dance 3
  • 10 – Saints Row: The Third

1. cloud_ix

fantastic news for square-enix, really happy that they never gave up on XIII.

2. aseddon130

it’ll be £20 in 3 weeks, guaranteed!

3. awaltzforvenus

XIII-2 does look to be a better game than the original XIII, perhaps I’ll give it a go after all.

4. OrbitMonkey

I think it’s interesting that Battlefield seems to be constantly ahead of CoD these last few weeks… Signs of change I wonder?

5. The_Red

MGS FTW! Seriously, MGS3 alone makes that pack a must have. Also, really surprised to see Battlefield having stronger legs than MW3. If I’m not mistaken, Black Ops performed a lot better than this.

6. cloud_ix

huh has this been edited? could have swore I saw the article mention that is outsold XIII…

7. Psychotext

It was edited. JC apparently can’t read in the morning. ;)

It’s likely this title didn’t even come close to XIII in sales.

8. Johnny Cullen

I got a bit in the UKIE info mixed up, so I edited it.

9. aseddon130

@#4 – BF3 went on offer to £18 last week, thats bound to give it a kick back up the charts over the £30 MW3.

10. OrbitMonkey

I was gamestation earlier and didn’t see one copy of the HD remake of Metal Gear on either Xbox or PS3. And I don’t mean sold out, it just wasn’t there :-(