Impulse has D&D Anthology: The Master Collection on sale for $10

Thursday, 26th January 2012 16:42 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Impulse is holding a really, really nice sale for those of you interested in PC games based on the D&D Universe or who are just RPG fans. Called the Dungeons & Dragons Anthology: The Master Collection, the pack contains Baldur’s Gate 1 & 2 plus expansions, Icewind Dale 1 & 2 plus expansions, Planescape: Torment, and The Temple of Elemental Evil all for $10. If you purchase the pack, you may wish to head on over to Circle of Eight to get the patches for TOEE, as the modding group has fixed all the lovely bugs which kept the game from being as successful as it should have been. Plus, if you are feeling especially nostalgic, you also purchase the D&D Anthology: Neverwinter Nights Complete set for $14.99, which includes Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 plus three expansion packs for each one. [ Thanks, Ron.

1. Stephany Nunneley

This. Shall. Be. Mine.

2. fearmonkey

That is a fantastic collection of games, if anyone loves RPG’s and hasn’t tried these games, they need to. If you love the music of Jeremy Soule (Elder scrolls music), then you need to play the Icewind Dale series. If you love Fallout, you need to try the Temple of Elemental evil that was developed by Troika, who was founded by Some of the fallout devs.
    (and you need to check out Vampire The Masquerade:Bloodlines by Troika, an amazing game, even by today’s standards)

3. Stephany Nunneley

@2 Agreed. Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines is a great game with a fabulous modding community.

4. Kalain

You really couldn’t call yourself an RPG lover unless you have these classics! Great stories in all of them, P:T being my favourite out the lot. £6.38 for the lot… IW:D 2 is £7 on gog.com

5. fearmonkey

@3 – I have to add that I somehow avoided this game for a long time as I wasn’t familiar with the franchise, and I hadn’t heard much regarding the game itself. When I sat down to actually try it one day, I was blown away.
    With the latest patches from the community Stephany mentions above, this is an amazing RPG.
    Think Deus Ex/mass effect style gameplay, and the Source engine still looks great on today’s machines. Also, if there are any Gears of war fans, one of the main characters is voice acted by the voice of Marcus Fenix, and is in fact almost the same voice lol.

6. DSB

I wasn’t too pleased with Bloodlines, even with all the work done to it. It obviously has a lot of heart, but it’s still pretty broken after all the fixes.

I guess that’s really the epitaph for Troika games. Arcanum had all the workings to be one of the finest RPGs ever, but the result was just so disappointing.

With regards to that history of broken games, I think there’s a definite irony in Tim Cain joining Obsidian Entertainment.

Comparing it to Fallout and Fallout 2 – Fallout 2 might have been as broken as most Troika games, but the actual content was still far superior to me.

The only one I haven’t been able to get into is Temple of Elemental Evil, there’s way too much DnD beaurocracy to really let me get started.

I got ‘em all on the identical GOG sale though :)

7. TheWulf

The Neverwinter Nights pack is worth it for Mask of the Betrayer alone. One of the greatest bloody RPGs of all time.