Xbox 360 sales Black Friday week hit 960,000 in US

Tuesday, 29th November 2011 20:34 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Microsoft has announced that it sold 960,000 consoles in the US last week during the Black Friday sales promotional period, making it the “biggest sales week in the history of Xbox,” according to the firm. During Black Friday week in the US, Xbox 360 moved 800,000 units with a 24-hour period, and over 750,000 Kinect sensors were sold in the US when combining standalone and bundled units. “We have seen tremendous excitement from customers for our hot holiday gaming offers,” said Chris Homeister, SVP and GM of Home Entertainment at Best Buy in the press release. “Xbox 360 was among the best-sellers at Best Buy this Black Friday, and is a testament to the continued popularity of the gaming category this holiday.”

Last week, Nintendo announced 3DS sales were up 325% for Black Friday week, and that Wii moved 500,000 units during the period.

1. lexph3re

Not bad new those bundles would be snatched up. Now for the Final Nintendo 500k, Microsoft 960k, last we need to see Sony ???

2. Razor

Yeah, I don’t think we’ll be hearing anything from Sony! :D

3. Stephany Nunneley

I dunno. We might. Although it won’t be as muscle-flexing as the 360 PR was. :D

4. reask

I would imagine it done pretty OK.
    There was a recent price drop I think.

5. Psychotext

Those are some crazy numbers.

6. loveaya

Les américans sont cons alors….

7. SilentNoise

That’s a lot of RROD replacements

8. A Zombie Riot

Too bad that they have never counted RROD replacements as actual sales. Hard to believe, I know.

Plus, the RROD problem has been gone since 2008.

9. lexph3re

It’s not gone just less as frequent. And, I don’t know I think Sony did well only way to know is to wait though. No way they did bad just because about what 1.4million people bought the competition. Although I have to say it’s a little sad if Combined all we gained we’re 1.4 million new gamers or if Ps3 under sold 2million new gamers. That’s just not that great to the gaming community

10. Mike W

I’m still trying to comprehend the situation on why people get so excited over these numbers? Sigh…..this generation of gamers are so dumb.

11. Phoenixblight

@10 Its a good discussion topic. Or for fanboys to use to why their system is awesomesauce.

12. Mike W

@11 No disrespect bro but I disagree with you on the “good discussion topic”. 95% of the discussions that involve sales leads to most ignorant debates known to human society. Fanboys will always be foolish don’t matter the situation. And seems the 360 fanboys really show their stupidity when the Aaron Greenburg or some other PR person announce how well the 360 sold for the month.

13. lexph3re

I no longer use The numbers for arguement’s but to keep personal track of gaming as a whole. I had realized some time ago that technically console gaming hasn’t grown very much but is in an overall decline. If you take combined last Gen console sales then look at this gen console sales you could notice that it’s just the same people from last gen buying systems EVEN to this day. Meaning In terms of gamers we are still a very small community. I am personally hoping that gaming gains momentum on all the consoles so that IF and WHEN a new console Gen start. It will not be the end of the companies that have been delivering us our favorite pass time.

Sure we will buy consoles as long as we can. But, looking at the average consumer. They are getting lesser and Lesser reasons to buy new consoles. Like I said though this is my own personal interest/opinion.

14. Phoenixblight

I was really talking about outside a forum setting. I like talking about these things at the studio or with fellow classmates and friends.

15. ManuOtaku

Amazing numbers for 360 and wii, hope to see that sony sold on those lines too, but to tell you the truth iam quite happy with nintendo numbers on its two consoles,they need to sell well in order to keep in the business mainly because gaiming is their only asset and/or main activity, and they need to turn around this bad moment, cheers to everyone (nintendo, sony and microsoft), and keep going strong is good for the industry and eventually us the gamers.
    P.S and with this numbers there are people that still thinks this generation should be over, and that we need to move to a new one, man with this numbers i think theres a lot of potential buyers yet, and seeing this i think they (manufactures) can hold it a little more(2 more years) IMHO

16. DaMan

As #8 said, Rrod is pretty much gone since the Jasper chipset released in 2008. It became less frequent since 2007′s Falcon. Not to mention it has a 3 year warranty.

Congrats to MS.