3rd Birthday director wanting to make sequel, framework for Type-0 sequel in place

Tuesday, 29th November 2011 08:58 GMT By Johnny Cullen

Square Enix’s Hajime Tabata has said he wants to make a sequel to third Parasite Eve game the 3rd Birthday, but work on a potential follow-up to Final Fantasy Type-0 may come before it.

Speaking to Famitsu, Tabata, who directed PSP games Type-0 and 3rd Birthday, said he’d like to make a fourth installment in the Parasite Eve series – something producer Tetsuya Nomura has already said should be in HD – but noted Square development policy will require him to work on a Type-0 sequel first.

In fact, a framework for it is already in place for what the publisher’s calling a sub-series, according to the developer.

Square has already registered domains for Type-1, Type-2 and Type-3.

Type-0 is out now in Japan, but has never been announced for western release. The 3rd Birthday released in April in Europe.

Thanks, Andriasang.

1. Zana

Now just you wait a second, Tabata-san. Before doing anything else, please make the Western version of Type-0.

2. Johnny Cullen

I have a Japanese copy of Type-0, but I’m still to touch it. Need to actually find somewhere first that’s translated it before I play, probably.

3. DaMan

We ‘ve already had that, Mindjack.

4. Unlimax

3@ Are you Ignorant .. have you ever played Parasite eve “Original” sequel and not the new one .. if they are planing to bring the 4rth birthday for PS3 HELL YES I’LL DO IT !

5. DaMan

I’ve played both of those a decade ago, I’m saying based on their recent works you’ll be getting something along the lines of Mindjack.

6. Spark

You sorry sorcerers of the internet! FEAR NOT! you will be able to harness the power of waiting if they release a 4rth birthday UNDER ONE CONDITION! you use it for playing all three games first if they release a 4rth birthday and go outside to work out and watch EPIC MEAL TIME!!

7. Unlimax

I’m not feeling right if the 4rth birthday release on PS Vita .. SQUARE DON’T DO IT .. MAKE IT FOR PS3 !