Skyrim PS3 patched to 2.01, stuttering “fixed”

Monday, 28th November 2011 10:09 GMT By Patrick Garratt

Users on Skyrim’s official forum are reporting that the PS3 version of the RPG has now been patched to 2.01, apparently fixing a widely reporting stuttering bug. Bethesda PR boss Pete Hines has promised the patch will improve performance for “long-term play on PS3,” and user reports so far indicate this is the case. The issue seemingly occurs when save game files increase in size, rendering the game borderline unplayable. Thanks, Eurogamer.

1. DonnerKebab

Great

Now can you take the arrow out of my head.

2. Deacon

Funny timing – mine just started stuttering pretty badly last night. Hopefully this’ll end that.

Even without the patch I still would’ve continued playing it…

3. K-V-C

is it out now or what ? im at work awwwwww :(

4. Patrick Garratt

@1 – You have an arrow in your head?

5. BraveArse

I had the arrow in my head for ages. I think what got rid of it was getting another one in my head, bizarrely. I had it there for days.

6. Telepathic.Geometry

I don’t know if it’s a bug, but my wedding got busted up there yesterday when mysteriously Lydia’s naked corpse appeared at the door of the church. Everyone was disgusted with me. What’s that about? Bug or Daedra?

7. DonnerKebab

@4 – yep, permanently, and like the brilliantly named BraveArse says above – it’s only replaced by another one hitting you. Quite a few players with the same issue it seems. I’ve stopped laughing now when an NPC says ‘you don’t look well’.

No, that’s a lie, I haven’t.

8. KAP

Dont get me wrong I’m greatful for this patch and I’m playing Skyrim now with the patch implimented and can see a decent lag-free experience right now, BUT my only gripe is they havent fixed the Thieves Guild quest bug within this patch which is completely retarded… After “Loud & Clear” mission the thieves guids boss (his name escapes me) he sends you to Maven but the bug doesnt give you this option there making it impossible to complete the thieves guide…. So thanx guys for the patch but now I’ll have to wait longer for the full completion of the thieves guild now…..

Fuck!

9. OrbitMonkey

After nearly a week of solid play and 5 restarts, I’ve finally created a character I like. So this patch is good, I don’t have to worry about the lag later on :-D

P.s. I’m not the only one who has trouble building a character they like right?

10. Erthazus

I had arrows in my had also (+ giant frost cock was in my shoulder for some time :D), but i know how to fix these graphical glitches. :D

If you have the Werewolf ability just transform and you will get rid of that glitch. 100% guarantee it will help. + after that transformation it is better to restart your save aka “Loading”

11. KAP

Post Patch Notice:

Lag is *slowly* drifting back after my last messege. Damn.

Everyone told me to hold of buying this until they patch it and I didnt listen.. now im 150+ hrs in with a LV50 and a massive amount of missions done with a 13Mb save and I just cant see myself starting again just so its lag free… I cant do that to myself… no way.

Bathesda, you fuckers.

With that said though, I cant stop myself playing this while its still lagging.. thats a testament to this amazing title I guess.