Heavy Rain: Director’s Cut releasing in the US on November 8

Thursday, 3rd November 2011 17:21 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Sony has announced the Heavy Rain: Director’s Cut, a package which includes the original game, Heavy Rain Chronicles: Episode 1 – The Taxidermist DLC, the original soundtrack, bonus videos, Move support, dynamic themes, and new concept art, will arrive in US stores on November 8. It will run you $29.99. The PS Store will also have the Heavy Rain Crime Scene Dynamic Theme available for free on that day as well.

1. osric90

Hm… I thought it was gonna be the real DIRECTOR’S CUT… like with the water levels and all others. That would be worth buying again.

2. jldoom

So If I have yet to play Heavy Rain, is this not worth it at all?

3. HeavyD-Love

^It’s totally worth it. The game is an experience unlike anything else. Highly recomended. Although I prefer standard NON-move controls.

4. Gigabomber

It is a great game. Your actions actually affect the outcomes, and – generally – not in a wholly unexpected manner. There are a few SAWish moments as well midgame that are very engrossing, and those are reinforced because you realize that you can die in the game. Most games give you a choice, but over a second playthrough, you realize that the outcomes are all the same anyway; not so in this game.

5. monty12345

whats quantic dream at now by the way?

6. xino

great directors cut but should i really get this?
    I had the limited edition and got all the goodies listed above.
    Sold it and got the Promotion copy for free.
    so should I get this? is it worth it?:/

7. Stoopid_Snot

Heavy Rain from HMW had all this except the videos and concept ar, move support came out in a patch anyway

8. Lightmanone

Wait.. what? The move-edition you buy in the store has the exact same things. Also the dynamic theme’s and the taxidermist and also the making of on the disc itself and the OST. Plus move support (which I don’t even use).
    And I got it for like 18 pounds. So, why should I wanna buy the exact same stuff for more? I don’t get it…