ESRB suggests Fear Effect, Fighting Force headed to PSN

Thursday, 3rd November 2011 02:45 GMT By Brenna Hillier

Two more PSOne Classics may be on the way, courtesy of Square Enix’s Eidos properties.

Siliconera spotted new ESRB ratings for PSOne era titles Fighting Force, Fighting Force 2 and Fear Effect.

All three were listed for PlayStation 3 release, suggesting PSN release under the PSOne Classics brand.

Fighting Force and its sequel released in 1997 and 1999 respectively, and were developed by original Tomb Raider team Core Design. Both feature beat-’em-up action; the first game proved more popular than the second.

Fear Effect, a 1999 effort from Kronos, has a quiet cult following for its unusual atmosphere of cel-shaded cyberpunk China. It’s often remembered for the exposed flesh of its female characters as much as its thriller storyline.

1. DaMan

Fear Effect was one of the worst games ever made imo.

2. Phoenixblight

Really? I found it pretty comical in its concept the gameplay was pretty solid though.

3. DaMan

#2 It’s borderline unplayable due to camera angles, controls and insanely cheap difficulty. And it was too much of an interactive movie. Have you played In Cold Blood? It came out around the same time. I liked that one, Eidos should’ve turned FE into an adventure with action sequences too.

4. Phoenixblight

FE used FIxed camera angles much like Resident evil at the time so I guess it didn’t bother me and yeah it was a interactive movie but so were most games back then especially FF I remember looking forward to the next cutscene.

And No I never played Cold Blood.

5. DaMan

#4 ‘In Cold Blood’. Yeah, but in RE you didn’t have to dodge uzi fire, and even that one didn’t have angles set that badly.

I didn’t like almost all of the interactive movie games back then, FE was way too much cutscenes with annoying gameplay in between, and I disliked the changes in many post Snes Square titles.