Since the game was originally announced way back in 2007, THQ has been almost completely mum about Dark Millenium Online – but that changed today.
According to a purported insider source, we can expect the MMORPG on March 31, 2013. A flood of information accompanied the date, some of which we’ve quoted below.
See the full list on the Warseer forum.
* Relic is lending a very small hand in the overall development of dmo. Winking, a chinese based developer is also on board. They helped with Spacemarine as well.
* Vigil is doing 90% of the work. Most of the shared work load is art, and animation.
* Spacemarine is built on the same engine as darksiders (and darksiders 2 respectively)
* Dmo is using the same engine, with gameplay (at least combat) akin to Spacemarine.
* Contrary to what I was told, the art style is NOT like Spacemarine, rather the whole game is more like darksiders (1 & 2), very stylized. The videos released at the last E3 are fairly accurate to the current state of the art style. Less realistic.
* Revision to what I was told by the rep, is that Spring 2012 is unlikely… maybe for more announcements on the game’s progress. Though a Darsiders 2 release in spring is likely, Vigil is working on both.
Thanks, Strategy Informer!
Original article by Andrew Groen, with additional updates from Brenna Hillier.
Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.