GT5: Spec 2.0 update goes live, first DLC detailed

Tuesday, 11th October 2011 07:20 GMT By Johnny Cullen

Polyphony’s gone live with the Spec 2.0 update for Gran Turismo 5, as well as confirming the first details of DLC for the racer.

Spec 2.0 weights in at 1192Mb, with a handful of big changes onboard for the update, some of which include cockpit views for standard cars, a new intro movie, improved online lounge and, as previously detailed, the ability to save during endurance races.

Get the full list of additions over at GT Planet.

Over on the US Gran Turismo website, the first bits of DLC have been announced, priced and dated.

The Course Pack will feature a weather-customisable Spa-Francorchamps in Belgium, as well as a night-time kart track for $4.99.

The Racing Car Pack will feature 15 cars for $7.99, including Red Bull X2011 Prototype ’11, which is currently being offered as a free gift in-game for one week thanks to Sebastian Vettel winning his second Formula One world championship.

The Racing Gear Pack, which will feature new helmets and overalls, will set you back $2.99, while the Paint Pack that will introduce new colours – shock – will be $1.99.

Get the whole lot in one single pack for $11.99. All of the content releases next week, October 18.

This is the first batch of DLC for Gran Turismo 5 since its worldwide launch in late November last year.

1. mathare92

Ugh, we’ve still got to wait 2 min for the real intro to begin in the new intro. I don’t get why they couldn’t let go of the piano segment. It just gets annoying after a while.

2. Johnny Cullen

But is the My Chemical Romance gone? That’s the important question.

3. Bluebird

You can just turn that song off. ;)

4. Johnny Cullen

BUT IT’S IN THE INTRO! THIS IS WHY THE QUESTION IS SO IMPORTANT!

5. Bluebird

Oh! I have disabled the intro… :)

Anyway, 4.99 for two tracks seems a bit too much. Especially since one of them is a Kart track and I never race karts.

6. mathare92

MCR is gone. They replaced it with Soul on Display. Not brilliant, but better.

@Bluebird If I was to get the DLC (which I’m not since there’s not a lot there that tempts me) I’d just go for the $12 pack really.

Edit: Btw, Johnny, there’s two Hitman pieces in the top story box. Surely you can get rid of one them and put this in. Yeah, I’m the type that like to see their favourite game being given exposure :)

7. Bluebird

Yeah, the complete pack seems reasonable, but like you there isn’t much I fancy. I’m more interested in road cars.

The aggressiveness setting is very good. AI actually attempts overtakes and succeeds. :)

8. Mart_320nm

Really disappointed in this “Course Pack” — Only two??? And I don’t want karts. I want Costa Amalfi, Citta di Aria, and Tahiti Maze, Grand Canyon, Pikes Peak etc. etc.
    Kaz, can you pls give us these ones??

9. Razor

Spa!!

Awesome.

10. mojo

for anyone complaining about the track dlc (which is a bargain – its SPA FUCKERS; SPA!!!!) u should maybe take a look into the dirt3 monaco dlc. one track – 10 €
    for a game which hasnt even remotely the scale of gt5 and costs the same.
    even more since gt5 went platinum recently.

11. Fin

Ur, no. One setting with eight stages, and it was €8/$10/800msp.

12. mojo

then im sorry.
    I personly dont have Dirt3. It was reported to me that way.

13. Bluebird

Though, in the case of Dirt 3 it’s even worse seeing as they just repeat the same 10 track elements in slightly different order for different stages.

14. triggerhappy

Installed this last night. Pretty chuffed with the slightly reduced loading times, UI’s a tad easier to navigate too. DLC? Sign me up :) I only got GT5 a few days ago and im absolutely in love with it, inject those Skylines and Viper’s directly into my vains baby :D