Wed, Sep 28, 2011 | 17:46 BST
Japanese charts: Dark Souls debut tops, Gears 3 boosts 360 sales
Media Create has released its retail sales list for the week ending September 26, and it finds Dark Souls debuting in the top slot for PS3 with 279,567 copies moved.
In second place was the ICO and Shadow of the Colossus HD Collection with 91,902 units moved, and if you combine the collection with the individual HD offerings, the total hits at 113,263 units.
Gears of War 3 debuted in the fourth slot, just missing out on third place by 8,237 units, and helping boost Xbox 360 sales over the week prior, with and extra 2,602 console units moved.
Shadows of the Damned debuted at 18, moving 9,145 units.
Here’s the full top 20, courtesy of Andriasang:
- Dark Souls (PS3): 279,567 – NEW
- ICO/Shadow of the Colossus Limited Box (PS3): 91,902 – NEW
- Yu-gi-oh 5D’s Tag Force 6 (PSP): 64,350 – NEW
- Gears of War 3 (Xbox 360): 56,113 – NEW
- Dragon Quest Collection (Wii): 54,775
- Senran Kagura (3DS): 52,206 – NEW
- Busou Shinki Battle Masters Mk.2 (PSP): 32,318 – NEW
- ToHeart2 DX Plus (PS3): 24,429 – NEW
- Tales of Xillia (PS3): 22,484
- Champion Jockey Gallop Racer & G1 Jockey (PS3): 18,281 – NEW
- Rhythm Heaven Wii (Wii): 17,354
- Monster Hunter Portable 3rd PSP the Best (PSP): 14,924 – NEW
- Wii Sports Resort Wiimote Plus Pack (Wii): 14,876
- Shadow of the Colossus (PS3): 13,420 – NEW
- Kirby Mass Attack (DS): 12,658
- Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D (3DS): 11,596
- Monster Hunter Portable 3rd HD Version (PS3): 9,263
- Shadows of the Damned (PS3): 9,145 – NEW
- Super Pokémon Scramble (3DS): 8,722
- ICO (SCE, PS3): 7,941 – NEW
Nintendo’s 3DS stayed in the top spot for the week, moving 70,159 units, which was up 41,322 units over the week prior. This was likely due to the debut of Senran Kagura, which debuted in sixth place with 52,206 units sold. This was the only new offering on the system in the top 20 for the week.
Other console and handheld sales were a bit flat over the week prior, other the aforementioned surge in 360 sales.
Hardware sales are listed below, with last week’s in parenthesis:
- 3DS: 70,159 (58,837)
- PS3: 39,452 (36,061)
- PSP: 28,533 (25,122)
- Wii: 14,034 (15,406)
- Xbox 360: 3897 (1295)
- DSi XL: 2991 (2869)
- DSi: 2351 (2234)
- PS2: 1517 (1317)
- DS Lite: 86 (78)
- PSP go: 15 (7)