Kojima: Zone of the Enders 3 in development at one stage, intention still to make it

Monday, 19th September 2011 06:49 GMT By Johnny Cullen

While there was no Zone of the Enders 3 announcement at TGS this weekend, Hideo Kojima has said he still intends to make the sequel. A sequel that was actually at one point in development.

He made the admission during the TGS stage show focussed on the series on Saturday, but nothing else was said on it.

The show drew in a big crowd at the weekend, so much so that it surprised and impressed Kojima, who’s been producer on ZoE1 and ZoE2, to the extent he’s go back to the office and have discussions with staff at Kojima Prouductions.

Here’s a photo of the crowd of the show itself. Boom.

The day will come, and when it does, it’ll be amazingly glorious.

Thanks, Andriasang.

1. dtyk

sometimes i wonder wtf these devs are thinking. KOJIMA OF AlL PEOPlE, you know people love ZOE :(

2. Freek

I could be wrong but last I heard this franchise never set the sales charts on fire.
    I really like ZoE 2 and would buy a sequel if they ever did it, but I doubt we’ll ever see it. Not enough sales potential to warrent the investment.

3. Ireland Michael

@1 The sales of the originals would argue otherwise.

4. TerraZet

Generic and repetitive games are generic and repetitive. I’ll take modern warfare over this anime nerd shit. I actually wanna play games for men.

5. lexph3re

So much fail in that statement theres no reason to point it out.^

6. triggerhappy

“I’ll take modern warfare over this anime nerd shit.”

Shut. Up.

7. Ireland Michael

@TerraZet Hayao Miyazaki is coming for you.

His target?

Your pretentious definition of masculinity.

A.K.A. your balls.

8. TerraZet

Typical basement dweller responses… Keep being jealous of me, hahaha we’ll see who’s laughing when I’ve got bitches and my bro’s on MW3 day one. Owned.

9. Ireland Michael

@9 “We’ll see who’s laughing when I’ve got bitches and my bro’s on MW3 day one. Owned.”

Uuuuh… what?

10. triggerhappy

@ 9: Yeh im sure your ‘bitches’ will want to come watch you and your brother play MW3. No bother pal.

11. Gekidami

He’s not really telling us anything new seeing as he already said that ZOE 3 was halted so he could work on his “risky” project, which we still havent seen, come to think of it.