THQ shows off new WWE ’12 gameplay footage

Monday, 15th August 2011 15:39 GMT By Andrew Groen

Can’t wait for the latest slugfest in the squared-circle? THQ is showing off some brand new footage of a championship match between John Cena and CM Punk.

WWE ’12 is being shown off on the web today as the game’s community manager and core gameplay designer get together to demo the game for fans. They talk at length about finishing moves, control tweaks, comeback maneuvers, and even some tweaks to the championship belt itself.

If you’re a fan of the series, the video is an informative look at where the series plans to go with its next installment, and gives a small peak behind the curtain of developing a high-profile title like this.

1. Stardog

How do these games play nowadays? If I liked the WWF No Mercy and WCW/NWO Revenge N64 games will I like this?

Repeat comment, but this post is newer.

2. M. K.

After all the “blabla game is going to be great blabla” I have to admit, this looks complete garbage :(

3. Christopher Jack

Where’s our photo realistic graphics!?!? You would think that a franchise 100% dependent on recreating real life people, they be aiming to make them the best looking people in the entire industry.

I understand their hectic work schedule with their annual releases but IMO, they should give the game a break for a year to make it something spectacular.

4. GwynbleiddiuM

I hate THQ, ARRRRGH… The game’s engine is exactly the same engine that used to run PS2 versions, nothing’s changed at all. pfff… I hope THQ go bankrupt I really do, just save Relic everything else may burn in flames for all I care.

5. Christopher Jack

@4, That’s not fair, they have a fair few talented studios & partners & have made some more than acceptable games in the past like Saints Row, Darksiders & Metro 2033.