Shots and videos released for Resident Evil HD remakes

Wednesday, 27th July 2011 18:23 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Capcom has released gameplay videos and screenshots from the upcoming digital HD releases of Resident Evil 4 and Resident Evil CODE: Veronica X.

Both games will be available to download across Europe and the US on PSN and XBL. Both titles will cost 1600 MSP/$19.99/€19.99/£15.99.

Resident Evil 4 HD will be made available on September 20 on XBL Games on Demand and PSN. European PSN users will get it on September 21.

Resident Evil CODE: Veronica X will be made available via the same services on September 27 in Europe and the US. PSN users in Europe will get it on September 28.

Check out the screens and videos for both below.

1. YoungZer0

Seriously Capcom, how about you fucking pay attention to what people want? Nobody wants to play Resident Evil 4 again and again. Give us a Resident Evil 2 Remake, you lazy fucks.

2. Gekidami

They arent the best HD remakes i’ve seen, far from it… :/

3. triggerhappy

Ive played RE4 twice now and I can safely say i’ll never play it again. For me 4 is where it started to go all down hill. Infact I like to imagine 4 never happened. An ancient virus hidden under a Spanish castle… please. This plot insults my intelligence.

@Gekidami: yeh CV looked better on PCSX2, the only thing its got going for it here is widescreen :(

edit: I know a lot of people like RE4, im not saying its a bad game, im just saying I was dissapointed…

4. pleasant_cabbage

Agree with 1&2.
    Code veronica looks pretty awful. 4 was a good game (IMO) but I don’t feel the need to go there again either.

5. Aimless

@3 Yeah, I preferred the realism of a genetics lab hidden under a mansion where every other door was locked by some arcane machination.

Anyway, CV looks better than expected, at least in motion; the new shadows add a nice layer of dynamism. I’m not sure I want to buy either game for the full asking price, mind.

6. alimokrane

Lazy ports, very lazy. After the way Halo Combat Evolved has been HD-ed, all other attempts seems like lazy shortcuts to get our money.

7. LOLshock94

resident evil 4 is a masterpiece wtf are yous on about.

8. SplatteredHouse

Try as I might, it still seems steep. :(
    I respect that work has been done, and they did reissue the games – but 4′s not new, it’s been released several times in the not so distant past. Is it a PC port for Xbox 360, and a PS2 source for PSN…If so, to charge that price just doesn’t seem right. How HD are they?

If they’ve been ground-up rebuilt that would be a different thing.
    I could see 10.99, as they stand to try to reach a fair price, that sort of figure as fair taking the service in mind, but not what they’re asking.

9. triggerhappy

Yeh I think there a bit expensive too for what they are…

10. Len

Could be tempted by a 4 HD version as it is a classic. Got stuck on Code V on the DC and never went back so not so sure about that. Suppose this gives everyone a taste of old and new RE.

Agree they don’t look all that though.

11. Phoenixblight

WOW Veronica looks like crap, thats just horribly horribly done. All HD games that have been done look leaps and bounds better than that. WOW I was going to get CV now I will avoid it like a virus.

12. Gekidami

Another thing to add to the list of negatives is that they probably wont have a full games worth of trophies/achievements, seing as they’re digital releases and MS dont allow them to have as many achievements as a full game. Obviously Capcom are just going to stick to that limitation for the PS3 versions, so no Plat.

13. Dr.Ghettoblaster

I’d much rather see an RE2 remake like the RE1 GameCube remake, OR hell even the RE1 remake they put on gamecube would be more welcomed than this.

Having said that, I will be buying and playing through both of these if only to see how it looks in HD on my new 42″ plasma (hey, upgrading from a 26″ LCD), plus obviously the nostalgia reason.

What Capcom needs to do next is release the gamecube remake on PSN/XBL, then release an HD trilogy of 1,2, and 3. :)

14. triggerhappy

^^ I 100% agree. Bring on the HD versions of REMake & RE0.

15. jr512

OWhy won’t they release a disc version ??? I hate to have to download it ( I know its picky but i like to have my games all together on a shelve) they did it for Japan and other places

16. spiderLAW

Actually, ancient viruses are discovered quite frequently. I recently read an article (maybe 3 months ago) where scientists had discovered an ancient virus from earth’s younger days and it happens to be virtually indistructable. Its maintains its life in acid water on top of a volcano…..cant remember where i read the article tho :(

17. AHA-Lambda

yeah i wanted to get RE4 considering it pretty much is a masterpiece ^_^

yeah first game in a LOOOONG time from capcom i wanted (and its a remake so that says a lot bout capcom imo -_-) and they still screw it up. Its as if they dont want my money ;)

Hmm, do capcoms stuff ever go on sale thru PSN? i doubt it somehow *sigh*
    console DD sucks

18. triggerhappy

@ spiderLAW: thats actually really interesting. Did it have something to do with arsenic, if it did i think i read about that too.

19. spiderLAW

$19.99 is too much
    If RE4HD supports move i might consider it (and actually uses the wii sense of controls and not the sad RE5 move controls.)

20. spiderLAW

@18 Cant rememeber really, i read far too many articles and books to ever retain it all. Sadly i motly only ever remember bits and pieces of info.

21. MegaGeek1

Capcom gets nudding from me anymore!

22. Maximum Payne

Veronica look like shit because they use like almost same engine and just upscale some textures and resolution,add achievements and WORK IS DONE!

23. YoungZer0

@18: Yeah, i remember reading about that too.

24. Dr.Ghettoblaster

They really should have ported RE1 remake to PSN/XBL first, THEN did these two, or do a triple pack like everyone else. Stop raping us Capcom.

25. triggerhappy

Only thing about the Gamecube titles is that they have pre-drawn backgrounds which means widescreen is a no-go :( I would happily play them with borders down the sides of the screen but some people would definitely moan…

Whats your PC like Dr G??

Complete guide to getting them running on Dolphin.

edit: ignore the “oohhh i can’t get it to work” comments, if you use the guide on page 1 your good to go

latest emulator builds: http://www.emucr.com/

26. Dr.Ghettoblaster

^Yeah i was gonna say i’d be happy just to be able to play them off my PS3 hard drive in there native form. Man i loved that RE1 remake…RE0 was ok.

27. triggerhappy

Yeh RE1 remake is on my top 5 games ever, infact its my number 2, MGS 3 Sub is number 1 :D

28. Dr.Ghettoblaster

Hey thanks Trigger, i’ll def check that out soon!!!

Almost forgot, you know what I’m really hoping to see soon? Capcom releasing both Umbrella and Darkside Chronicles (Wii) on PS3 one disc HD upgrade with Move support. THAT would be tits.

29. triggerhappy

^ that would be sweet, ive always wanted to play them for the story. Russian bit and Leon and Krausser bit…

30. Dr.Ghettoblaster

Perhaps RE6 PS3 exclusive bonus content…

31. triggerhappy

^ and I thought I was an optimist :D

32. Dr.Ghettoblaster

lol……hey Trigger mind sharing your PSN/XBL screen name? We seem to have some common interests :)

33. triggerhappy

Your already on my xboxlive friend list LOL triggerhappy686

I dropped the 686 bit for on here, im triggerhappy686 on steam too.

On PSN im O10001101001010, that first digit is the letter o not zero.

34. Dr.Ghettoblaster

HA! My bad lol

35. BloodyJoe

So if RE4 has Wii like move support I’ll buy it instantly! But if not I wait for a price cut or just blow the dust off my Wii!

36. Fin

They do have a full 1000 points, as they’re games-on-demand and not XBLA titles.
    Not much imagination has been put in to the achievements themselves though.

(spoilers I guess)

Only 12 achievements, for 1000 points.