Dark RPG shooter Hard Reset announced

Thursday, 14th July 2011 02:16 GMT By Brenna Hillier

New studio Flying Wild Hog has burst onto the scene this morning with a new game announce and a slick cinematic trailer.

PC Gamer reports Hard Reset is the first game from the new development team.

The dark sci-fi single-player games combines shooter and RPG mechanics, and was built on a proprietary engine called Road Hog.

Due exclusively on PC in September, the game follows the adventures of veteran soldier Major Fletcher, who hangs out in the last remaining human city, Bezoar, while fending off the robotic enemies of our species.

Flying Wild Hog is a team of just 35, but is staffed by former members of People Can Fly, CD Projekt RED and City Interactive. One to watch, in other words. Check out the trailer and a couple of screens below.

Thanks, Joystiq.

1. The_Red

“Dark”, “RPG” and “Single-player”!? I’m sold.

2. HauntaVirus

^hell ya.

3. Joe_Gamer

I’m a bit skeptical of an entire engine built by just 35 people, that’s a monstrous undertaking but they sure as hell checked all the right boxes to get me interested.

4. Espers

Just another shooter. lights is faking a lot of the comments in hear take a good peak at the screenshots. Most of them are textures only

5. Maximum Payne

Well I love they support PC but screenshots look meh.Also enemies are going to be robots only ?
    @3 You don’t need lot of people for engine.For example I reed on wiki that Capcom’s engine MT framework was build first on PC by 3 people then ported to xbox and then another 2 people ported to PS3

6. Edo

Looks somewhat interesting,but the fact that they have announced it just 2 months before release is strange(to say the least).

7. blackdreamhunk

I’m sold sounds pretty good

8. IL DUCE

Yeah I guess this was the game that we saw screenshots of a week or two ago that was just described as an unannounced PC shooter…hopefully if its good they eventually port it over to 360…