InFamous 2 now available digitally in the US, too

Friday, 24th June 2011 05:24 GMT By Brenna Hillier

Why walk to the shops like some sort of pleb when you can have yourself carried there in a comfortable armchair borne on the backs of twenty handsome worshippers? Or alternatively, buy InFamous 2 directly from the PlayStation Network?

The PS Blog reports denizens of the mighty US can now download a one-hour free trial of InFamous 2 straight from the PlayStation Store, and having consumed it, fork over $59.99 to unlock the rest of it.

Or just buy it without trying it if you’re the kind to do so; that is an option available to you, the consumer. Australians will enjoy paying AUD $89.95 for this privilege.

The download weighs in at around 15 GB.

The original InFamous is also available on the PS Store in the same kind of dealio, but you can also nab it for free as part of the Welcome Back package. How ’bout that.

1. gomersoul

why would you pay that much for a game you can get cheaper as a disc? digital sucks ass at the moment, it should be cheaper

2. Dannybuoy

I find downloading from PSN so slow. A demo usually takes a good few hours. 15GBs… I’d rather use my legs and buy it from the shop in 30 minutes than wait for it to download thanks.

3. Exzeerex

Damn, 60 USD is still cheap compared to Denmark’s outrageous prices. 95 USD for a launch title :|

It is possible to get it for like 75 USD if ordered online.

Also agree with 1 and 2. Disc is preferred.

4. onlineatron

I like that it’s an option; but it’s an expensive, unideal option. Why pay way over the retail price, and have to wait a bijillion years for your game to download?

5. Phoenixblight

Retail is the exact same price, I went to 4 different stores and it was the same price so for me it wouldn’t be any different and its convenient because there are no stores nearby and I can’t go anywhere with a 19 month old.

It would probably be about 3-4 hours of downloading but have lots of crap to do so I can just have it download while I do those things.

*shrug* Doesn’t bother me the slightest to not have the disk.

6. Lounds