Witcher 2 patch detailed, expected later today

Wednesday, 25th May 2011 15:07 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

CD Projekt has announced that Patch 1.1 is on schedule to be released later today and should solve most issues experienced by players. However, a second patch is also in the works and expected some time next week.

The firm notes that it is currently testing the patch, so while it is schedule for later today, it may be a bit later than that, so just be patient.

Here’s what you can expect out of the first patch:

• Simpler and more reliable game installation and activation. Details to be revealed soon.
  • Fixed the free Troll Trouble DLC download. It is now included n the patch so there’s no need to download and install it separately.
  • Fixed an issue that prevented some users from downloading other free DLCs (the ones given out with some pre-orders, special promotions, etc). The launcher now properly refreshes the list of available DLCs and allows for installation.
  • Performance improvements: approximately 5% to 30% better framerate and faster game loading for many users, depending on their individual systems and game versions. Owners of retail versions can expect the biggest improvements.
  • Fixed random crashes occurring on some systems, especially after saving and loading saves.
  • Key mapping – allows the arrow and number keys to be used for movement.
  • Added the option to invert the mouse.
  • nVidia surround vision now works properly.
  • More accurate assessment provided by the “auto-detect settings” option will help improve game performance.
  • Removed a bug that prevented completion of the “Blood Curse” quest.
  • Fixed a bug that prevented the additional link in “Extras” from being unlocked after winning the dice game against the GOG.com monk.
  • GOG.com credits now work properly.

The full list of all changes will be available upon patch’s release, and if your issue is not listed above, have no fear: work on the next patch has already started and it will address other difficulties and bugs, including those related to specific hardware setups; e.g.. Logitech g35.

The second patch will be ready next week.

Patch 1.1 will be available for all the versions of the game, both retail and digital.

Hit up the link for more information.

1. Erthazus

“Performance improvements: approximately 5% to 30% better framerate and faster game loading for many users, depending on their individual systems and game versions. Owners of retail versions can expect the biggest improvements. ”

FINALLY!

“nVidia surround vision now works properly. ”

Release this patch faster!

2. Phoenixblight

Well I was gonna play right now but I guess I will wait for this patch.

3. Hunam

Someone over on EG forums explained that the retail versions are getting bogged down because of some last minute securom addition that’s hogging performance.

No DRM my ass.

4. Phoenixblight

Huh thats interesting, I am getting about 40FPS so I am not complaining and there is no DRM if anything its probably the remnants of the activation software which this patch probrobably removes it since there is no need for it anymore.

5. Bikki

Really need to know if this patch adds an option for screen ratio.

6. Stephany Nunneley

Hopefully it also fixes the screen going black after lovely lines appear and eventually locking the entire system up.

7. Erthazus

I have GTX 580 and my videocard overheats like i’m playing 4 Crysis 2 games simultaneously for no reason at all and my PSU is overheating also.

this patch should help.

8. Maximum Payne

@5 Yea there no 16:10 nor 5:4 :(

9. minxamo

better framerate eh?
    maybe it will run on my computer after all (on minimum graphics at 640×480).

10. Soong

@Erthazus – must be something wrong with your system as I have 580 and it runs smooth as butter. Compared to the first game it’s very well optimized and I can run it with everything maxed out and ubersampling turned off and I get excellent framerate.

It’s also f’ing beautiful

11. FabioPal

“Added the option to invert the mouse.”

OMG, it was not included? Wow…

12. Erthazus

@10, no, no, no… I run it in Ultra with highest resolution and it’s beautiful.

But my videocard overheats for no reason at all. I just don’t know. Maybe something wrong with my PSU.

13. Maximum Payne

I don’t have problem with game with my 5770 I l played everything at high without antialiasing on 1280*1024 i get 40-60 framerate when I am NOT in Floram or whatever is called that city.

14. Shubb9

Another one for 16:10 aspect ratio please! Think I read somewhere it won’t be in first patch but is in the works. Couple of patches and gfx driver updates and I should be able to run it smooth maxed out. Anyone else think its weird the Witcher forums are offline for the biggest launch of their company’s history?

15. Maximum Payne

@14 Yep they said the game sold more then they expected and technical stuff is raised on 20 people!

16. El_MUERkO

The next Catalyst 11.5 Hotfix drivers are due tomorrow with performance enhancements too.

17. Edo

Yeah…about that patch….

18. Hybridpsycho

@Erthazus
    Do some random benchmarking tests, see if you can swap the cooling paste and make sure the cooling on the GPU is working fine.

I’m running 2x GTX 460 and it runs perfectly well, no overheating or anything :)

You sure it’s just Witcher 2?