Report: No trophies for PSP Remaster series

Tuesday, 24th May 2011 05:08 GMT By Brenna Hillier

Achievement hounds beware: the newly announced PSP Remaster series is missing your favourite feature.

Siliconera‘s translation of a PlayStation-CS post reports a comment from Sony Japann to the effect that PSP Remasters simply won’t support trophies.

No explanation has been given, although the cross-platform capacity of the series may be the culprit. The PSP does not currently support trophies.

The PSP Remasters series will bring classic portable games back into the limelight with HD graphics as well as PlayStation 3 features like stereoscopic 3D. Each will be playable on both platforms, with save files able to be carried back and forth between the two for seamless play experiences on-the-go and at home.

The first title to be announced – and trailered – is Monster Hunter Portable 3rd (Monster Hunter Freedom 3).

Thanks, CVG.

[image]

1. Phoenixblight

You win some, you lose some.

2. ultramega

I don’t bother with them anyways, unless they are something I could just earn easily, for fun.

3. NoxNoctisUmbra

These days with trophies and achievements many people play games as chores and not for fun anymore.

4. KAP

I was really looking forward to theses remastered titles, even though I played them all before, but the fact they have no trophies isn’t enough insentive to go back to them…

How can they add trophies for PS2 titles but not these?!
    Blasfimy!

5. super64

Dumb move by Sony. Doesn’t matter to me too much, but you know this is going to affect sales to some degree.

6. rrw

probably have something to do that it easy to abuse save file on PSP

7. Herlock

French site say, MGS Peace Walker on PS3 at E3!

8. Christopher Jack

@3, 100% agree.

9. Gurdil

@3 Well maybe some people do but trophies aren’t all bad. I mean I’m no trophy whore (well achievement in my case. FYI, the only game I obtained all achievements for was Bayonetta) so most of the time I just don’t give a fuck about them. But when I really enjoy a game I look at them so I can figure out if I missed something, like a secret chapter or an alternate way of playing or whatever. It’s no obligation, just hints. Plus some games have really awful achievements so it’s up to you to decide whether you wanna spend your life chasing an achievement or not (for example, I saw that one of the Dragon Age 1 achievements was to finish every story possible, well I won’t ever do that ^^)

10. AHA-Lambda

ya know what? good..

11. BloodyJoe

Then I won’t ever buy them! No trophies no play!

12. PS3Dreamer

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I love trophies plz SONY put them on or no buy for me.

13. NightCrawler1970

@12 explain why so important to have trophies on PSP???? it only takes Space on chip and you have to be connected online to unlock the trophies… like syncing to the server….

14. Christopher Jack

@13, Since trophies & achievements were introduce, many more gamers have misplaced the purpose of gaming from entertainment to gotta catch them all. *NEWSFLASH* This isn’t Pokemon, even if it were, it’s still not required, it’s just a marketing slogan so that they can sell 2-3 games with each release.
    You don’t buy a game on the purpose to 100% it, you buy it to play it- i.e. HAVE FUN!