Microsoft’s E3 press conference before Sony on June 6

Monday, 18th April 2011 17:50 GMT By Patrick Garratt

Microsoft has confirmed its E3 press conference will take place on the morning of Monday, June 6, telling press to check in by 9.00am PST.

This means the Xbox 360 showing will come before Sony’s conference, which takes place at 5.00pm PST on the same day.

There are no details of what’s going to be shown available as yet, but the conference is expected to focus heavily on Kinect.

Nintendo is yet to announce a timing for its press conference this year, but it will almost certainly take place the following day, Tuesday, June 7.

For the record, 9.00am PST is 5.00pm BST, 6.00pm CET, 12.00pm EST and 3.00am Sydney time.

1. onlineatron

Times BST??

Need to plan my E3 schedule (alternatively named the ‘needs to get out more’ schedule) now.

2. mojo

that early?
    quite strange, isnt it?

3. xino

ahahah…now they will be a laughing stock yet again from last year:)

not unless they have kill things to shut people up and make Sony speechless

i love competition in the gaming industry!
    it’s also like playing a game when in competition…like a fighting game:)

4. someguy2

@1 9AM in LA is -8 hours BST so it will be at 5PM (One of the staff will probably correct me on that, but I’m pretty sure that’s the case)

This may sound strange but I think Microsoft will do something spectacular at this year’s show.

5. Razor

Nice one MS. That’s 5pm UK time. Sweet.

Sony, you complete dickfucks, I’ve got to stay up at 1am.

6. Patrick Garratt

Yep, 5pm BST, 6pm CET. Sorry, I’ll add some more detail into that in a second.

7. onlineatron

I wonder if these times (two crammed on the same day) are to avoid being around when Nintendo announces the 1080pii.

8. TaTaTow

Does anyone know when Nintendo held its press conference the recent years?

9. Kabby

Aye. It will also support 3D. So you can stand on your balance board, wearing goggles, with a heart monitor on one finger while waving around two pieces of plastic. In HD.

10. Patrick Garratt

I’ve added in the international times there.

11. onlineatron

Last year it was Tuesday, I think. First thing in the American morning.

12. Lesh26

I thought this was the trend anyway :/

@8 Yea Nintendo was the next morning before Sony’s.

13. Patrick Garratt

@8, 11: It’ll be the next day, yeah. It’s normally first thing on the second day, followed by EA, Ubi, etc.

14. jldoom

@7 aha, I see what you did there :) And I’ll just wait until VG247 just puts all of the conferences in one easy to read page anyways lol. No rush to find out the latest stuff AS it’s announced.

15. ManuOtaku

For everybody is a given that nintendo will be featuring the new wii, but how about sony and microsoft will follow suite, that will made this year the best e3 ever, EVER…

16. Erthazus

Microsoft e3 predictions: Dance Central 2

thanks. Case closed. Lets move on.

17. Gama_888

@9 LMAO!! :)

I am gutted about this,I wanted Sony to go first and just let the other 2 try their best to beat it, Because they wont!

M$ will really need to pull something big out of their arse to impress at all, although iv got a feeling all there going to do is ram kinect down our throats for an hour(?)
    Btw how long are the conferenes?

Nintendo will just be the same old stuff, “Mario on 3DS, Zelda on 3DS”
    But Atleast they have a console to announce so that’ll be nice to see.

And i think Sony are just gonna steal the show. Im really looking forward to seeing some of the 2012 line up. Wondering how long they can keep this pace of just having lots of good games :)

@18, lol chillout. its just my predictions, Sony have got a lot im interested. NGP and most of their software line up.
    How the hell am i licking ass by saying one thing is more interesting than another?

18. daytripper

@17 people like you do my head in on here, you know fuck all about nintendo and ms’ press conferences.

the playstation asslicking on these comments sections at times is ridiculous

19. M. K.

My predictions:

1. Alan Wake 2
    2. Modern Warfare 3
    3. Forza 4
    4. Gears 3
    5. Halo CE HD(?) or another Halo Game
    6. Codename Kingdom
    7. Mass Effect 3
    8. Unannounced Game (atleast one)
    9. Kinect stuff = Dance Central 2, Child of Eden, Suda51 game, Sesame Street, Gunstringer and a lot of other stuff…

What I want to see:
    1,2,6,7 and 8 :)

Still, my expectations are pretty low, because I want only 3rd party games at the moment.

20. SOMI

Maybe Nintendo have finally realized they’re shit so they wont bother showing off their crap at E3.

21. daytripper

if its mostly about kinect then i’m not investing in much 360 stuff, i got kinect as a present for xmas off someone and i feel terrible that i hardly use it, at first i enjoyed it but then it got tedious. i now only play it just so the person who got it me it doesnt feel bad.

22. NightCrawler1970

Microsoft price-drop of the console?(that could be nice)…

23. Lounds

Save best til last I supose, shit everyone will be dead tired in morning for MS event, if i was one of the media people, i’d been out of raz night before