UK charts: Crysis 2 remains number one, Motorstorm fails to break top ten

Monday, 4th April 2011 10:10 GMT By Johnny Cullen

Crysis 2 has held onto its number one spot in the UK charts for a second week, but Evolution racer Motorstorm Apocalypse has failed to enter the top ten.

EA sim racer Shfit 2: Unleashed entered at four, with fitness title Zumba Fitness making into the top three at two beside Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars.

Apocalypse, meanwhile, didn’t make it into the top ten, having charted at 18th.

Full top ten for the week ending April 2, 2011 is below. Last week’s data is here.

1. Crysis 2 (Crytek, EA)
  2. Zumba Fitness (Pipeworks Software, Majestico Entertainment)
  3. Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars (Traveller’s Tales, LucasArts)
  4. Shift 2: Unleashed (Slightly Mad Studios, EA)
  5. Homefront (Kaos Studios, THQ)
  6. Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12 (EA Sports, EA)
  7. WWE All Stars (THQ San Diego, THQ)
  8. FIFA 11 (EA Sports, EA)
  9. Pokemon White (Gamefreak, Nintendo)
  10. Art Academy (Nintendo, Nintendo)

1. Blerk

Wow, that delay confusion really scuppered Motorstorm. Seems a shame.

Shift 2 outsold by Zumba Fitness and a couple of ‘last week’ games has gotta hurt, too. Bet EA won’t be too pleased with that.

2. Johnny Cullen

Yeah, that’s what I reckon, although I still firmly believe despite of what happened, Sony made the right call.

That said, it’s still a proper shame. Apocalypse is probably the one single game I’ve had the most fun with all year so far. Terrific game. Gutted for the Evolution guys.

3. Robo_1

A real, real shame for Evolution. The game is utterly excellent, as I’ve said before, the best arcade racer I’ve ever played.

I hope it’s done better in Europe and will do better in America for them.

4. Lounds

Wooohoo this means I can pick it up cheap 2nd hand at CEX for like £10 soon

5. onlineatron

I wonder if the lack of sales actually has anything to do with people respecting the Japan tragedy?

I take no issue with a game containing content that unfortunately mirrors freak disasters, but there are some odd (or better than I) people out there.

6. EscoBlades

EA have 4 titles in the top ten. I’m pretty sure they aren’t too unhappy.

7. dtyk

Crysis 3 is definitely coming then. Man I can’t wait. After much playing and comparing I have concluded that although the cry engine is now less “impressive”, it certainly looks better and runs better (obviously dumbed down, but oh well)

8. tenthousandgothsonacid

Motorstorm : Pacific Rift was a slow starter too. Still sold well over a million. I think Apocalypse will do the same. It’s soo excellent for word of mouth not to help. I’ve been recommending it to all my mates…

9. Dralen

Yay! Price cut incoming on a good game.

10. ManuOtaku

Not bad for a bad PC game that was “took down” or “watererdown” just for the consoles development cycle.
    Consoles One PC Zero.

11. nikk900

The strange thing is, at the gamestation where I work, there was a bit of hype for motorstorm before it came out but then when it was realesed we barely sold five copies. I think the delay probably did have something to do with it, also it came out on thursday instead of the usuall friday so day one sales were probably impacted.

12. Dr.Ghettoblaster

Loving both Motorstorm 3 and Crysis 2. Technically, Apocolypse is one of the more impressive racing game engines I can ever recall playing.

13. Dr.Ghettoblaster

P.S. Do you think they’re going to make any changes to the US version? I have the UK version now, but someone just offered me $100 for it and I think I’m gonna take it, but I’m sort of torn cause I don’t wanna give up what may become a collectors item if the US version is modified.

14. Ge0force

Crappy Homefront selling more than Motorstorm is just sad. Really sad.

#10 There’s no Consoles One PC Zero here. PC gamers had the same graphics and gameplay years ago. Crysis 2 isn’t the graphical relevation Crytek promised. Crysis Warhead looks just as good as Crysis 2 on my pc. Even on ps3, exclusives like Heavy Rain, Uncharted 2 and Killzone 3 look better.

15. Golden

Shame about Motorstorm, although I am not a Playstation gamer it was one of my favourite games at the Euro gamer expo.

16. YoungZer0

Wow, Crysis 2 is probably the only good game on this list. Shame, really.

17. ManuOtaku

#14, no i meant on the thing that most of the PC gamers were complaining about that crysis 2 came “bad” on PC because of the console development, and with this kind of success that sums all platforms numbers, give a message to those said people, that the game is good no matter what.

18. AHA-Lambda

the strange thing is i am not too sure if crysis 2 is actually selling that well even given its place on the list.

Last week i visited the glasgow hmv on buchanan street and it was placed number 10 on both the 360 and ps3 charts O_o
    Plus today i saw all the limited editions had disappeared and the normal editions which had replaced them were all £50 NOT £40! O__O

I dont know if thats indicative of anything but its definitely strange =/

19. Ge0force

#17 To be honest I expected worse. Sure, there’s the auto-aim, lack of graphical settings and the noob-friendly icons showing the stealth route and stuff. But the game looks and plays great on both pc and console so I’m very happy about that :)