Six new Skyrim screens show role, playing, game

Friday, 1st April 2011 14:35 GMT By Johnny Cullen

Bethesda’s sent out six new shots of Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim today. They were originally posted in an IGN interview with game director Todd Howard last night, but here they are. Take a look at them below.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim releases on November 11 worldwide for PS3, 360 and PC.

1. OrbitMonkey

No horse armour? Am disappoint :(

2. Erthazus

I’m sure that you can expect horse armor in the shitty DLC as they always like to do.

Or mods.

anyway, screens are bland and uninspired as always. I hope for the variety this time and not the MMORPG design like in Oblivion. Because endless trees and dungeons are copy paste level design at best.

3. Blerk

Nice!

4. viralshag

Rocking the Conan look in pic #2. Kinda cool.

5. freedoms_stain

@1, don’t worry, I hear they’re going to be doing unicorns for 300 bucks!

6. Moonwalker1982

Let’s not exeggerate people, cause the other DLCs for Oblivion were very nice and the Fallout 3 DLCs were all very worth the money.

7. Erthazus

“and the Fallout 3 DLCs were all very worth the money.”

Hahaha… Oh yeaaaaaaaaah…….

8. Zurtech

Unicorn prozzies? -_^

9. UuBuU

3 of those were released in the Skyrim edition of Gameinformer months ago, but the others look new.

I’ve been impressed by pretty much everything i’ve seen of this game so far, except the dungeon screens. They’ve put a lot more time into making dungeons feel unique this time around, which is great, but I was kind’ve hoping they’d be more dark and horrific in appearance.

I want to walk into an almost pitch black dungeon and hear echoeing groans, not an iluminated cave with skeletons visible in the distance. I mean, you’d expect an ancient dungeon to have very little sources of light, natural or otherwise. It would be much more immersive for a player to find themselves in almost complete darkness, needing to equip a torch (giving off little light) to one hand to find their way around.

This isn’t a big deal though. It’ll be easy enough finding or making a mod which adjusts lighting to my satisfaction.

10. UuBuU

It’s kind’ve pointless whining about the DLC in Elder Scrolls games considering the thousands upon thousands of great mods which are available for free.

If modding wasn’t allowed, then there would be a reason to whine.

11. Dr.Ghettoblaster

Looks very promising!

12. RockTwist

I’m so excited I felt a dribble on my leg.

13. thesamy

wow Erthazus whats going with u man i didnt see 1 comment of u that was trying to show any happines about somthing.

what going on with u?
    are u allright?

14. Old MacDonald

I love it!

15. Bluscope

#12 Lovely… XD

Anywho I am seriously pumped for this game, I’m not the biggest fan of Bethesda’s Exclusivity approach to DLC but I did sink a ridiculous number of hours into Oblivion none the less.

16. abbe

#14 Don’t be fooled, its just New Zeeland.
    ;)