Jurassic Park developer diary: Dinosaurs, dinosaurs, dinosaurs

Wednesday, 30th March 2011 05:02 GMT By Brenna Hillier

TellTale has released a developer diary for Jurassic Park, revealing some of the dinosaurs therein and exploring how the team bring them to virtual life.

Also, it starts with the film’s theme, which may cause welling tears of nostalgia.

Can you believe I can only tag this post “dinosaurs” once? I’m filing a support ticket.

Jurassic Park is an episodic series of third-person adventure games from the developers of Back to the Future, Sam & Max, and the Monkey Island reboot. The first episode is due in April, for PC and Mac.

Thanks, Joystiq.

1. DarkElfa

Telltale is good at telling a story, but its a shame that a company like Crytec with their amazing ability to do islands and jungles couldn’t have handled this.

2. YoungZer0

Does anyone remember that one T-Rex Demo on the PSX? It came with the first Demo and it looked fantastic compared to this.

I am serious, TTG really need to leave it’s Comfort Zone. The characters still look like Cartoon characters. That’s not going to work. Part of the appeal of the first Jurassic Park was the graphics, if you take that franchise in your own hands, you have at least try to reach the same level.

I also love how they say they visited some guy to get some new information about dinosaurs, but then go on to say that they want to stay close to the movie, because now Scientists have found out that T-Rex and Velo had feathers. That would go so well.

3. StolenGlory

@2 Yeah I remember that demo. I used to bring it out to make my 3DO and Jaguar owning friends jealous :)

4. Gekidami

Why doesnt the T-rex and raptors have feathers? Seriously guys, keep your stuff up to date.

5. Christopher Jack

@1, There was a Jurassic Park mod for Crysis one, not sure if it was ever released though.