Deus Ex: Human Revolution video shows “multi-path, multi-solution gameplay”

Saturday, 19th March 2011 19:09 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

A video featuring various in-game Xbox 360 footage of Deus Ex: Human Revolution and narrated by the game’s narrative designer Mary DeMarle has popped up online.

In it, the “multi-path, multi-solution gameplay,” is featured along with the game’s first level.

Combat, stealth, social and hacking, are featured as well.

Watch it below courtesy of Gamespot.

Game’s out on PC, PS3, and Xbox 360 August 23 in North America and August 26 in Europe.

Thanks, RPS.

1. Zurtech

Cool, tis lookin good, am really lookin forward to this. ^_^

Just hope they don’t follow the route of having the last mission decide the ending and hope choices you make as you progress through the game have some impact on what happens at the end.

2. Erthazus

I don’t like the 3rd person view when the player do something.

The whole point of Deus Ex was immersion like you are doing all this in the first person view, but when Jensen do these “ape-shit” moves… Who cares? =\

And i hope for small sandbox levels like in the first game. Different approaches is nice, but it’s too linear.

3. Moonwalker1982

The stealth aspect looks quite nice, and i think this one could be a winner. But….we’re in 2011 and we still see vehicle tyres looking like rectangles? Come on now.

And after the violent kill with plenty of blood…why doesn’t the blood stay on the ground?

4. Hunam

@3 The blood thing is because the consoles don’t have much memory, so every bit has to be used and reused as much as possible

5. Maximum Payne

I just don’t like 3rd person view.Why it is needed for climbing ? Why there is no hand when opening door?3rd persion view should be only if you are behind cover and that is.Even that stealth kills are cool its just not realistic silence right ?

6. Erthazus

“”"not to mention that this looks like a first person game screaming to be a third person game (the appropriate perspective for consoles) – pop out to 3rdP for kills, pop out for ladders, pop out for cover. They mention immersion but have no idea what it means – no hand flipping the switch…

And the uncontrolled autokills (what’s the difference between a kill and a knock out?!), highlighted objects… Groan.

I can’t see how this will do anything other than disappoint Deus Ex fans.”"” (c) some guy from Youtube

I completely agree.

7. RockTwist

I’m in the middle with this one, it sorta looks ok but at the same time I agree with the immersion breaking and noticed there’s also highlights directing you to hidden stuff. A little odd for a Deus Ex game.

Looks OK.

8. Maximum Payne

^^ Those highlitghted objects can maybe turn off like in Bioshock

9. DGOJG

I think you’ll find this is PS3 gameplay NOT 360 as the article states.

10. OrbitMonkey

Sooo let me see if I got this right. Cuz of popping into 3rd person & no hands opening doors somehow breaking the holy gail of Immersion that apparently only the origional achieved.*fans* are ringing the deathknell on Human Revolution?
    Good, moan moar kids. General rule of thumb, the more *fans* of a origional bitch on the net, the more popularly received & critically applauded the sequal.

11. Hunam

I can only think of about 2 games in my entire life I’ve played that had first person view of a hand opening a door. Worst criticism ever. As for the 3rd person thing. That’s down to taste really, so I can’t really argue that one. I enjoyed it enough it Rainbow Six Vegas, but it does take a while to get used to it before it stops bothering you, if it does that is.

12. Moonwalker1982

Now that you say it, yeah i think you are right. I think Condemned had that and Condemned 2. Not even sure about that, but i do know that i always like that. It makes it feel more realistic i guess.

13. Gekidami

Pretty standard stuff in this video. The option to go stealth or guns blazing isnt anything new so them making a big deal out of it is abit pointless. But still, the game looks interesting. Shame its so far off.

14. Hunam

It might not be new, but it’s something different at the moment where every game is trying to be CoD.

15. YoungZer0

@6: Not surprised that you’d agree with a dipshit like that.

So if i have no HUD the world feels immersive? Are you that stupid?

By that logic every time Denton talked to someone in DX the game killed your immersion. Remember? So you probably never liked DX to begin with.

Immersion is not just about having no HUD, stupid. It’s about the world, how is the music, how is the sound, how is interactivity, the world, the dialogs, the people. All that combined creates immersion. But i don’t need to tell you that, you studied that for 8 years, right?

You’re mad because objects are highlighted? Why? Because it would make sense? Since, you know his eyes are augmented.

For others: The reason why the developers decided to switch between 3rd and 1st Person is because of the augmentations the character is going to receive, you will see them. So it makes perfectly sense to show him off like that.

Played R6 and never had problems with that. But that’s people for you.

As it was said in the trailer once:

“If you want to make enemies, try to change something.”

Better yet:

“If you want to make so called “fans” cry, try to change something.”

16. Gigabomber

Cover mechanics should be in third person *throws killzone 3 out the window*

17. osric90

Cool, cool, cool… I want this game right now, man. Ah, and DeMarle has a very sexy voice, yes.

18. JimFear-666

Im surprised that the walkthrough was showed with a ps3. Most of the time they do it with a 360.
    I guess they did the game on ps3 first and they port it on 360 after. When i was at eidos montreal playtesting the game, it was on a ps3.

19. OrbitMonkey

@18 really? Oh good :D

20. Erthazus

“o if i have no HUD the world feels immersive?”

It feels more realistic, dumbass.

” So you probably never liked DX to begin with.”

Yeah, i just wait for the prequel for no reason at all. No logic as always.

Everything else i don’t want to comment because you need to go to school. Fast.
    you just think that you know much and except your opinion everyone is wrong!

Thats my opinion and for many Deus Ex fans. If you don’t believe me go to the forum and see how people say about it. If you don’t like my opinion go and rant somewhere else and fap for a new Deus Ex game that will be forgotten by 3-4 years.
    But who am i talking to? To the new DMC fanboy. That likes EMO ghey characters.

21. _LarZen_

A fps where you actualy have to use your brain….I like it!

22. YoungZer0

@20:

“It feels more realistic, dumbass.”

More realistic? Lol! FPS are supposed to be realistic? So how come i can never see my avatars feet in most FPS? How is that for immersion? How is it that in most FPS my character has no shadow? Never heard you little fratboy cry about that.

“Yeah, i just wait for the prequel for no reason at all. No logic as always.”

And don’t talk to me about logic, i think we all know that logic is something you’ll never understand. Just one conversation with you shows that very well.

“Everything else i don’t want to comment because you need to go to school. Fast.”

Don’t talk about school, since you never made it through the elementary school. I recommend you work on your english first.

“I’m fed with your stupid shitty comments. You know nothing about design and games.”

This really breaks my heart, i really enjoyed the smart conversations we used to have. Don’t talk about design, since in my last comment i showed you very well just how little you know about design. Or everything else.

My opinion is always right, yours is always wrong. Is that so hard for you to understand? Are you really that far behind?

“Thats my opinion and for many Deus Ex fans.”

Please lets put word “Fans” in quotation marks. What you call Fans actually means “Little bitches who complain about dumb shit.”

“Oh my god, the highlight objects!” See, that’s what i mean, if you knew anything about design or games at all you’d understand why that’s a smart choice, why the switch to third person is actually smart, since it shows off the characters augmentations, instead you just sound like a stupid consumer who knows nothing about design.

I don’t like your opinions. They are always stupid and i will always comment on it. Reminding you just how stupid you are.

But really it just shows that the Developer did an amazing job since all you can complain about is just that.

“But who am i talking to? To the new DMC fanboy. That likes EMO ghey characters.”

Wow, that’s pretty low even for your low standards. But again, if you’d knew anything about design you’d applaud the guys from Ninja Theory.

23. guapo