Yerli: New Crytek UK game announce at E3 likely

Tuesday, 15th March 2011 12:24 GMT By Johnny Cullen

Crytek CEO Avni Yerli has said that its UK arm is aiming to announce its new project at E3 this summer.

Speaking to Develop, Yerli said it had “ambitious plans” for the TimeSplitter developer that was once known as Free Radical.

“I think at E3 this year – or just after – we are going to make a big announcement that I think people will be happy about,” he said.

“They were very pleased with their contribution to Crysis 2 [Note: Crytek UK made the multiplayer component - JC], and we have very ambitious plans for Crytek UK. The studio is now up to 85 people, with nice new offices. The main thing is that the team are having a lot of fun – that’s the most important thing to us.”

Yerli added the “UK scene” would be “very pleased” with what Crytek UK was working on.

Crytek UK has said in the past it’ll start work on either a new IP or TimeSplitters 4, a project the studio worked on previously as Free Radical.

Fellow Yerli, Cervat, had said in the past that Crytek and Crytek UK were discussing TS4′s development.

E3 takes place on the week of June 6 in Los Angeles.

1. Gekidami

Seeing as “people will be happy” it’ll probably be a sequel. And if it’s a sequel from what was once Free Radical its not hard to guess what its going to be a sequel to…

2. Blerk

Second Sight 2! \o/

3. Crysis

Better be Timesplitters you bastards!

4. Lounds

Probably will be Timesplitters, a woman at my work place, her husband works for Crytek UK and he used to work for Free Radical and helped make Timesplitters 2(my fav)

5. Johnny Cullen

@Blerk – YOU STOLE MY JOKE, YOU BASTARD! Now I really am gonna dance on your coffin.

6. StolenGlory

Some more info on Kingdom would be nice.

And if it isn’t Timesplitters 4, or some such continuation of the series, i’ll eat my hat.

Or Blerk’s.

7. Lounds

Timesplitters 4 would sell well even if it was shit lol

8. Erthazus

Crytek is always awesome.

How about that CODENAME: Kingdoms?

9. Crysis

Well as long as they don’t go all serious, keep the monkeys, the diversity & the insane amount of fun, they can’t go wrong.

Diversity is key here, survival, infection, team ‘bags’, capture the ‘bag’, elimination, 50+ unlockable characters, challenging arcade modes (support for co-op next time!), all of this is what made the second a perfect game, although the campaign could have been better.

Just upgrade the graphics (keep cartooney style), add in online multiplayer/co-op, add even more arcade challenges & more MP modes & you have me a day one buyer, a good campaign would be good this time around though.

10. StolenGlory

You hit the nail on the head there mate.

Timesplitters for me has always been about diversity, humour and sheer fun.

11. Blerk

I wasn’t joking, I really liked Second Sight!

12. StolenGlory

I did too! Not sure if I preferred it over Psi-Ops though.

But meh, that’s just my personal preference; I know plenty of folks who lean towards the contrary.

13. Blerk

Like me. Couldn’t get on with Psi-Ops at all.

14. Robbins

Haze 2 anyone

Only joking Timesplitters 4 will rock my world

15. Lounds

I think Valve would be good developer for it, but they will never pay for the rights for it.

Source Graphics would suit Timesplitters look.

16. Coheno