Quick Shots – The Witcher 2 screens make our fingers itch for some slaying

Friday, 11th March 2011 20:10 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

CD Projekt is gearing up for the May release of The Witcher 2, and has sent out a few screens.

A couple of these we have seen posted elsewhere, but we’ve yet to post them here. Ergo, there they are below.

We’re a bit verklempt at the moment after looking them over, and also thankful we’ve just upgraded our video card. We can’t wait to make it purr.

It’s out on PC May 17.

1. Erthazus

I need NAO!!111

2. Maximum Payne

OMG are these PC shots?
    /sarcasam
    BTW Game look really really good its just too good to be true you know ?

3. Bloodyghost

@2, your lucky that @1 didnt hear that.

These shots make me go “uh” for the same reason the Battlefield 3 Bullshots did.

I know this game WILL kickass for those who have that Maximum Rig but the problem is its going REALLY settle for those who have that rig. Besides the graphics, I havent heard anything gamewise.

Sure this game may look better then The Elder Scrolls 5 Skyrim but remember, we all can play that game versus those content with there graphics.

Also Bethesda is a team I really love. They know how to make great games.

4. Overdos3

All pc games would ve looked like this if developpers were not focusing in consoles.

5. DSB

Does he still hold his sword like he has muscular dystrophy this time around?

Honestly, the animations in the first game are beyond hilarious. He’s dancing around like he shat himself.

Maybe that’s the plot. He’s got amnesia, and he has to find out why he shat his pants. I’m only an hour in, but if that is indeed the quest, I’ll have to play it all the way through.

6. DeathJynx

@4 stop making pc gamers sound like bitter children. Maybe if the community offers to pay a premium for pc games, they would make more huh? Be proactive, not whinny.

7. RockTwist

@5 That post genuinely made me laugh, thanks. It’s so true it’s funny.

8. Stephany Nunneley

Rock – I love your art btw. Selling shirts with it by any chance?

9. YoungZer0

@5: That how it looks like when you have actual sword fighters use real swords in motion capture.

10. UuBuU

It’s hard to be impressed by screenshots after seeing awful gameplay footage.

11. DSB

@9 Nah.

The Witcher:

Reality:

I mean I don’t doubt that someone went into a mocap studio and fought like they crapped their pants, but it still strikes me as a weird thing to do.

12. freedoms_stain

Geralt does look a bit squiggly in Witcher 1, particularly when side stepping.

The shots of Geralt holding another dude up made me think of the drunken bits in the 1st game – if they’re bringing that back I hope to fuck they’ll find a better way of simulating intoxication than the 1st games method of blurry moving overlapping images and making you walk slow as fuck (which you can cancel out by drawing a weapon btw fyi).

13. HaMmOdY

This game looks fun. I saw some gameplay videos, I wish have a high end PC.

14. Uncontested

@11 I love that your example of what “Sword fighting” is, is that of two people who are aiming at each others swords as opposed to actually trying to hit each other. Pretty hilarious because I was part of a stage combat group in high school and we knew that the entire point of “choreographed” sword fighting is to look like you’re trying to actually hit the other person.

15. DSB

@14 I don’t really see where I claim that that’s somehow a panultimate expression of all of swordfighting. It was really just underlining the fact that few people would fight in a visibly awkward position so as to get themselves brutally murdered within seconds, as the guy does in the game.

Last time I checked, not very many armies use swordsmen these days, so I guess we’re shit outta luck on that one.