Thu, Mar 10, 2011 | 10:46 GMT
Thursday shorts: 3.6 may fix PS3 hacks, unlimited DAII XP, other acronyms
Someone said something, something’s rubbish and something else is amazing. And there’s a new BlazBlue game coming. See for yourself below.
- Gamersfirst COO Bjorn Book-Larsson, currently involved in rebooting APB, has detailed what he considers to be Realtime Worlds’ “silly business decisions” regarding the game to Eurogamer.
- There’s a glitch in Dragon Age II that gives you as much XP and money as you like. See it in action on Gamefront.
- Epic’s Infinity Blade is back in the top-ten grossing iPhone apps after releasing a bunch of DLC last week. That’s on Gama, via the unfortunately named FingerGaming.
- BlazBlue director Toshimichi Mori has told Eurogamer that a new game in the fight series is being made for PS3 and 360.
- THQ’s Danny Bilson’s explained by he’s not forcing his devs to make Kinect and Move games. Basically, it doesn’t make any business sense. That’s on Industry Gamers.
- A hacker reckons PS3′s been re-secured with today’s 3.60 Firmware update, after Geohot et al busted it earlier this year. Keep an eye on this one. That’s on Digital Foundry.
- Another Kinect hack. This one turns your lights on an off. It’s on SAI.
- Some dude’s made a Kinect hack that allows people to make cheap CG animation. Check it on FastCompany.
- Someone’s found a Marvel Vs Capcom 3 Zero glitch that completely breaks the game. Watch it on Gamesradar.
- Gameloft’s Dungeon Hunter: Alliance is releasing on PSN this April. Looks a bit like co-op Torchlight. Have a look on the PS Blog.
- There’s an Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet trailer on Destructoid. The game will be shown at PAX East this weekend.
- Paradox has announced Europa Universalis III Chronicles, a pack including the main strategy game and its four expansions. Details on Blue.
- There’s an interview on Games On Net about upcoming FPS Interstellar Marines. Thanks, Blue.
- There’s a piece on IGN talking about why Ueda picks male leads for his games.
- PDP’s announced a fight stick for the imminent launch of Warner’s Mortal Kombat reboot. Press release here.
- Siliconera’s got a Yas Noguchi interview in which the producer talks about bringing Yakuza 4 west.
- Atlus has patched the PS3 version of Catherine in Japan, adding a Super Easy mode and more. That’s on Destructoid.
- “Apple iOS Less Profitable Than Android For Pocket Legends Dev”. Industry Gamers has written this, so we don’t have to.