Sun, Mar 06, 2011 | 00:22 GMT
Saturday Shorts: GDC nuggets, game sales, Yakuza 4, Angry Birds
It’s Saturday. There’s loads of tiny stuff to fill the empty spaces inside your brain below.
- You, the gamer, can vote on who gets to be the cover boy for NCAA Football 12. Exciting, isn’t it?
- Modern Warfare 2 is getting a patch to help curb cheating on PS3 March 8. Xbox 360 gets it soon. Thanks, Ripten.
- Dead Nation is getting a patch on March 7 that adds online co-op Voice Chat, Checkpoint saves, copy saves, and further surprises.
- Angry Birds is coming to Facebook, and if you “like” the official page, you will get exclusive updates on its progress.
- Yakuza 4′s quiz games will not be included in the English version due to the text being in Japanese, and the soundtrack intro will not be the same due to licensing issues. Hostesses will be in it though, so rest easy.
- Rock Band 3 is getting a nice helping of Depeche Mode next week. Yummy. There’s also a track from Death Cab for Cutie coming as well.
- There’s a Fight Night Champion video interview with Anthony Mundine and Billy The Kid Dib over on Gamespot.
- Steam has a weekend sale going on. You can get a Ubisoft four-pack featuring: Assassin’s Creed: Director’s Cut Edition, Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood, Far Cry 2: Fortune’s Edition, and Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Vegas 2 for $12.99. That’s a savings of 81 percent.
- Dengeki Online has new shots from Night of the Sacrifice posted. Go have a look.
- THQ was at GDC, and held a round table talk on its gaming plans for 2011, and discussed its new identity a bit. Thanks, GamePro.
- The University of Southern California has been named the top school for those wanting to major in gaming goodness.
- Starpoint Gemini, the RPG tactical sim set in space, will be released on March 25. It’s gone gold, and a developer interview is available for download on GamersHell.
- Elite Beat Agents developer iNiS held a meeting with publishers behind closed doors at GDC this week, according to Siliconera. What does it have up its sleeve? Time will tell, we suppose.
- Hideki Konno gave a presentation on 3DS development at GDC this week. During which, Gamasutra said he explained “why he was put in charge of a hardware project.”
- EvilAvatar has posted a Clone Trooper trailer for LEGO Star Wars III. Watch it.
- Like PopCap games? Want all of them? Well, for $99.95 you can have all 51 of ‘em for your very own.
- As promised last month, Sega Dreamcast games are now available on Steam. Each will run you $8.99 or you can bundle all four for $29.99. Thanks, BigDownload.
- Excalibur Publishing and 1C Company have announced Theater of War 3: Korea. Read the press release over on EvilAvatar.