Report: New PC C&C revealed, EA opens new studio

Tuesday, 22nd February 2011 02:09 GMT By Brenna Hillier

With a quickly-yanked website update, EA has reportedly revealed both a new Command & Conquer game and an entirely new studio, Victory Games.

According to RockPaperShotgun, EA updated CnCStage today, but in the meantime, the entire site has gone down.

The lost update is reported to have announced one Victory Games, the new flagship of EA’s strategy division, to be based in Los Angeles, Texas, and Shanghai.

Studio head Jon Van Caneghem apparently said that the new team is focussed on producing a “AAA Command & Conquer game” for the PC.

Canegham was also quoted as saying the studio is overhauling the franchise’s “core technology,” to create a “stable base for future development”.

The site’s about page made mention of fusing Command & Conquer’s formula with new technology and features, neatly intersecting with EA’s suggestion of taking the game online only.

Surprisingly, there’s been no mention of consoles; last year, EA purchased the domain CampaignForPCGaming – could the Command & Conquer revamp be tied in somehow…?

There’s been no official word, so EA may have pulled the site in its entirety in response to an ahead-of-schedule reveal.

Thanks, Big Download.

1. DarkElfa

If its not Generals 2 I don’t care.

2. Monk

+1000

3. Blerk

Wow, I really did think C&C was ‘done’ this time.

4. Maximum Payne

^^ C&C cant be ”done”. You have Red Alert Generals Tibirium universe. Also with all that hype about military shooters Generals 2 would be preatty logic move to do right ?

5. Johnny Cullen

@4 There was Tiberium a few years ago. But that got canned.

6. Maximum Payne

@5 But is was SCI FI.Kids go wild now when is everything realistic :P

7. Maximum Payne

@5 Also this is going to be strategy game well it would be logic to be :)

8. Vistrix

Unless its Red Alert or Tiberium I don’t care.

Generals marked the start of the C&C downfall in my opinion. It lost that C&C magic.

9. Maximum Payne

I loved generals.The chines hackers and USA airforce never gets old :P

10. FadeLive

I’ve have been fiending for a new Generals for quite some time now so I hope that it happens and that they dont mess it up like they did the Red Alert and Tiberium series. If it ends up sucking its back to the mods again I guess.

11. nemsis

+1000
    I didnt liked Tiberium wars
    in Red Alert 3 the art design was horrible

12. datamonkey

I would say your opinion is spot on!

RA2 was the highlight of the series for me – the last of the Westwood sutdios developed C&C’s.

Ever since EA bought out Westwood the series has become more sh*t with each release. Starting with Generals…

Just another example of a publisher fooking up a great franchise IMO…

13. NeoSquall

Please don’t make another shitty game like C&C4.

Worst idea ever.