Thu, Feb 17, 2011 | 14:50 GMT
Patch for Killzone 3 detailed, hitting “shortly after the game’s release,” says Guerrilla
Guerrilla Games has posted a list of fixes which are slated to patch for Killzone 3 not long after release.
According to the official website, several key issues have already been addressed such as server stability and network errors, but “shortly after the game’s release,” the following changes will be patched in:
- Support for color-blind players
- Implement unranked custom games for players to create private or clan matches
- Enhanced custom games functionality that will allow players to:
- Control over games modes and settings
- Secure games, allowing you to invite the players you want to play with
- The ability to prevent abilities and weapons from being used
- Toggling on and off functionality, such as ribbons, skills, explosives, etc.
- Selecting which careers you want available to players
- Allow friendly fire to be turned on or off
- Faction switching enabled or disabled
- The Clan Officer role will be added to clans
- Separate turn speeds for hip-fire and ADS
- Overly enthusiastic death screams will be toned down
- Increased the amount of kills required to win a Guerrilla Warfare match
- Increased Accuracy ribbon will have its effectiveness lowered
- Likewise, the Bullet Damage ribbon will have its effectiveness lowered as well
- Matches will end if the other team forfeits (i.e. too few, or no players on the enemy team)
- Matchmaking enhancements that will close and merge games based on player count, which will keep games more full
- Balance factions out by moving players to the other team at the end of the match if one team is lopsided
- The ability to turn off HUD markers for point pop-ups and objectives
- A menu option to allow squad-only chat
- The addition of a Mute All button
- Scoreboard flickering will be fixed
- Clans will no longer get matched against other clans that have many more players than they do (i.e. 4 vs. 7, 5 vs.
The post says these changes are “just the beginning,” and that as patches are released, “you’ll get a full list of everything,” updated in a patch list, which is much more than what is listed above.
Head on through the link for more.
Killzone 3 releases in the US on Tuesday and in the UK next Friday for PS3.