Bangai-O XBLA video has explosions aplenty

Thursday, 17th February 2011 11:08 GMT By Johnny Cullen

D3′s released a new video showing off Bangai-O HD: Missile Fury, the mental HD redux of the over-the-top multidirectional shooter. It has bullets.

The series has previously appeared on N64, Dreamcast and DS.

Watch it below, via Kotaku.

Originally due to release last autumn, it’ll release this spring for Xbox Live Arcade.

1. Blerk

I’m too old for this shit. :-(

2. frostquake

I can’t take anymore Bullet Hell games, I am forever done with this as of right now. Heck, I am having trouble with Hard Corps on XBLA.

3. Blerk

I was all set to download the trial of Hard Corps and then I watched a video of it and decided not to bother.

4. absolutezero

I still have the original Bangai O for my Dreamcast, which I still have hooked up.

I don’t see the need to buy another one after trying the DS version and getting something similar but even harder because the screen was so small.

5. frostquake

@ Blerk

Hard Corps is a good looking side scrolling Game, but heck…No saves until you reach the very end of the level, so if you die, all the way back to the beginning. Non-Stop respawning of enemies, even from behind. Horrible controller controls, and I mean HORRIBLE. Maybe if you bought a Special Fluid Controller that would allow for 360 shooting without the maddening of trying to shoot at an angle. Laying down is a Chore. I know the “Hard Core” Corps gamer will buy with Blind love, but I just don’t have time anymore for that type of madness!!! It really made me want to throw my controller and be mean to everyone around me, so I had to delete it right away…NO FREAKING WAY DUDES!!!!!

6. Blerk

Wow, seems I made the right choice! :-)

7. Epic Fool

Cool, another one. Looks great.

Radiant Silvergun is still coming too, right? I remember this being announced at TGS…

8. OlderGamer

Radiant Silvergun is a terrible game. An otherwise excelent 2D shooter ruined by a gimmick. I have it for the Sega Saturn(JP).

I still have Bangai-O for my Dreamcast. Is it basicly the same game or have they added to it or tweaked it in anyway?

And yes these games are hard as hell. If your a 2D shooter fan, and xb360 owner, and don’t already have it – buy DeathSmiles. It is an amazing little game. And best of all has scalible dificulty. And unlimited continues. I just found that game in the store a couple weeks back in the bargin bin – I didn’t even know it was out there.

I can’t recomend it enough.

Also if you don’t already buy Radian Jet(I think it is even on games on demand for 20usd). Fantastic game, it has 3 versions of Radian, straight out of the JP acrade. Excelent.

My fav altime 2D shooter is either Cotten or Gunbird(franchises/collectivly)- Radian, Strikers, KOEI Flying Squirl Squadren, and Deathsmiles, all get nods.

9. back_up