Metal Gear Online gets new update

Wednesday, 9th February 2011 09:08 GMT By Johnny Cullen

Konami’s released a new update for Metal Gear Online that’ll stop “fraudulent network connections.”

Fraudulent connections will slow down gameplay in sessions in MGO, which is why Konami is implementing the update.

Also fixed is that Idle Kicks for Automatic Matches, player character movement, skills for unique characters, skill and weapon parameters and specification changes with Drebin Points for weapons.

The update will also enable music from past MGS titles to be played in the background.

Metal Gear Online is the online component of Metal Gear Solid 4 for PS3.

1. DGOJG

I have wanted to play this game since release of Metal Gear Solid 4. I played the Beta and got through all those Konami code problems. I was all geared up to play it come launch and since it has been in my hands I have played it a totaly of two times. Why? Because of the terrible torrent system they have going to update their game. Who in the hell throught this was a good idea? Its so stupid and impossible to have the time to update it. I would love to play it but this update system wont let me and I doub this new “fix” will help. Every other game updates through the system itself with a small 300mgb update yet it takes almost an entire day to hit 50%? Sort it out Konami.

2. Robo_1

Disable the Konami ID’s and I may even fire it up.

3. KAP

@2 +1

4. Suikoden Fan

ugh konami id, one of the worst, if not the worst login system ever created

5. Gekidami

^And the region lock.
    Konami really messed up MGO with their stupid decisions. Shame because its pretty good, there were (when i last played it) a few balancing problems but otherwise the game was entertaining.

6. MegaGeek1

People still play this game?

7. Michael O’Connor

@6 Yes, just barely.

8. jldoom

@6 haha that’s exactly what I was thinking when I read the title of this.

9. Nozz

Agree with #1 on the updates, that was so frustrating.

The amount of people they put off with the konami ID code situation is a real shame because as a person who played MGO for about a year (before I stopped), I can honestly say that it wipes the floor with a lot of the shite that people play online now…

Seriously Konami, Stick to PSN IDs next time!

10. xino

i tried to play this shit online not to long ago in 2010, and no one was on it:/

the login system was also retarded

11. Crab of Thunder

I played this like hell untill recently, there is a very hardcore fanbase and i don’t see it dying out soon. Once you get through all of the konami ID crap its actually one the most unique and intriguing online experiences i’ve ever played.
    I’m hoping Rising has MGO but with better servers.

12. lexph3re

@xino when were you playing? Everytime I’ve gone on I’ve seen thousands playing. The minimum I saw was hundreds. And that was in 2010 I was playing around september-november. You know you have 2 options in downloading right? Directly from the server and peer-to-peer. Don’t do peer-to-peer if your late just go from the server I downloaded all my missed updates in 30-45mins from when the game released until september.(sold my ps3 2 years ago to learn values personal thing) but I was playing it from launch until that point.

I love mgo its awesome and they have a 10year plan for it so the support is there.(starting from the release of mgs4). Speaking of which I have to get the expansions because you can play with raiden,vamp,ocealot, meryl, and akiba against others online

13. Crab of Thunder

^Actually lex is right although i would say don’t bother with peer to peer at all, i did the other option (i can’t remember what it was) and it only took around an hour for everything.