Marvel Edition Versus Fighting Pad For Xbox 360 announced

Tuesday, 8th February 2011 14:37 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Marvel has announced on its official website that Performance Designed Products LLC has created a limited Marvel Edition Versus Fighting Pad for the Xbox 360.

The pad was designed specially for Marvel and fighting game fans, and is decorated with Marvel’s SIEGE event from 2010.

“In the last few years, fighting games have re-emerged as an incredibly popular genre in the console gaming world, with a dedicated, serious audience that demands high-quality tools,” said Tom Roberts, chief technical officer, Performance Designed Products. “We have designed the Versus Fighting Pad to be the ultimate game pad for fighting-game players while reflecting the super heroics of Marvel in this special-edition controller.”

The wired six-button controller has “high quality micro-switch activators,” implemented in the thumb stick, so that it feels more like an arcade joystick yet compact like a thumb pad at the same time. The thumb stick also has a rubberized, over-tooled cap while the pad itself has a satin grip finish.

The Marvel Edition Versus Fighting Pad will be available at retail and on PDP.com for a suggested retail price of $39.99 beginning February 14.

1. M2Kx

Could anyone ask them if there’s a chance to get the pad outside US? I want it really bad, but it seems I have no chance to spent my money on it :/

Here is a video from PDP which (kind of) introduces the pad:

2. StolenGlory

Agree. It would be nice to get hold of this in the UK.

3. FabioPal

Wow, a six thumb-buttons pad!

I really like it, well, at least the idea, you’ve got to test it before buying ;)

4. back_up

PS3 controller is better at fighting games
    and 360 controller is garbage that’s why they are giving it to three shitty

5. spiderLAW

calm the fuck down back_up
    PS3 has these two. not this version in particular but we have SF4, SSF4, and WWE editions. Relax.

6. spiderLAW

too* fuck

7. revolting

Good grief, that’s hideous*.

*Disclaimer: This is not an xbox bash. I am a multi-platform gamer who enjoys gaming on both my 360 and my PS3. (Yes, we exist.) Neither one is superior, but for the most part I personally prefer the xbox control pad (large hands, in which the 360 pad feels more robust and responsive, while the PS3 pad is too small and delicate feeling for my comfort, but I get by with both.) and thus am slightly horrified by this hideous mess. (although I gather there is a ps3 version of this too?)

I can see why this would be appealing to arcade fighter type games fans though, with the six button layout on the front. I think the overpowering part is the artwork on it. It’s far too busy for my liking.

Are there start and select/back buttons hidden on there somewhere?

8. Michael O’Connor

@1 Why bother? Get a joystick.

And yeah, that thing looks pretty hideous.

9. M2Kx

@7: Watch the vid I posted above, it should explain some things. And I seriously don’t get the complains, sure it looks kind of weird, but if it works good, why not try out? The design seems a bit chaotic though, but the game is also a bit confusing so it’s a match.

Finally give me some pre order infos for EU :/

10. MushroomStamp

Watched the vid… chick is kinda cute :) the controller looks like a good quality device, but I think you have to REALLY love SF competitively to buy this extra controller. I plan on getting MvC3 but will only be playing Single player or a local 2-player so originally controller is good enough for me.