Two Worlds II second developer diary shows off menus and magic

Sunday, 30th January 2011 23:39 GMT By Brenna Hillier

20110131twoworldsii

It’s not as boring as it sounds, really; Two Worlds II is a complex game and whacking a scary UI on it would be insta-death. The latest developer diary from TopWare takes us through the surprisingly friendly menu system and then blows some stuff up with magic. Can’t argue with that.

The diary is hosted by creative director Scott Cromie, who lovingly outlines a radial menu and the three-part magic system, which premits players to mix-and-match spell type, delivery method, and the “really interesting” modifiers. Cor.

That Video Game Blog had the trailer, embedded below for your convenience.

1. Dralen

Looks pretty good. Never played the first one because I had heard it was bug ridden and not that great.

2. xino

wow they really did their homework and SWOT!

I would love to try out this game but lack of advertising and delays loses my interest and not to mention recession, I have no money man, I have to sacrifice my £40 for a AAA title:/

3. OlderGamer

That game really looks good. I enjoyed the first one, and yes it had glitches and felt somewhat rushed. But this thing makes me want to play it badly. I just ned to wait till I can afford it a bit better.

4. SlayerGT

Currently playing this game and I must say it’s a “b-movie” game all the way. Having said that though, I’m really enjoying it so far. I find it to be a better looking, deeper Morrowind. My 60 dollars was justified, when in the first area the savannah, when you combat the baboons their attack is ranged poo… =D

5. OrbitMonkey