Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood Animus Project Update 2.0 DLC now available

Tuesday, 18th January 2011 17:04 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

brotherhood

Ubisoft has announced that its free DLC for Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood, Animus Project Update 2.0, is now available.

You can get the free update through both PSN and XBL, and it includes a brand-new game mode and a brand new map, the Pienza Map.

The map provides a “free-running playground where predators and targets can blend and disappear”, as well as the new Chest Capture Multiplayer Mode. In it, two teams, comprised of three players each, partner with fellow Templars to either defend or capture Chests. The “Capturers” must use their HUDs to locate and capture the chests, while “Defenders” must use their skills and quick reflexes to track down their foes and protect the chests.

Also included is the new “Templar Score” feature. To “achieve order and maintain competition, Abstergo created the Templar Grade” which is updated weekly and based on the users scores of the previous four weeks. The Templar Grade splits recruits in 10 specific slices – each representing part of the hierarchy of the community. The goal is to reward “diligent work by Abstergo recruits”.

Previous DLC for Brotherhood, Animus Project Update 1.0, was released back in December.

1. Dr.Ghettoblaster

“it includes a brand-new game mode and a brand new map”

For FREE.

God I love companies like Ubisoft. Make Activision and Capcom seem downright evil.

2. Maxey

Hopefully all of the current DLC will come included as standard on the PC version, whenever that comes out.

3. Zarckan

FFS I DO NOT WANT MORE MULTIPLAYER SHITE!

4. Yoshi

@1 Are you crazy? Firstly this is one map and one game mode. If you like Ubisoft for this you’ll already be having sex with Valve XD

5. Patrick Garratt

The right trailer’s in there now.

6. EscoBlades

Currently still unavailable on most of the 360 Marketplaces as a result of a TU error at the moment. MS and Ubisoft are looking into it. The trailers are available for download though.

edit: It isn’t up on the PSN store yet either.

7. LOLshock94

hows capcom bad?

8. AHA-Lambda

In terms of DLC they take the absolute piss and most of their content is on the disc already. SF costumes and RE5 versus dlc really shows how bad they can be.

Also, most of their games this gen except their fighting ones have been shit and/or disappointing

9. pumpkinhead303

ok cool, i like the multiplayer in this game. but, how about fixing the trophy glitch please. i have at least 3 trophies that i,ve earned but wont unlock for me, the tank, burn all towers, and one more… please fix this glitch.

10. Dr.Ghettoblaster

Uh, no but I’d have to guess YOU’RE fucking crazy if your complaining about FREE dlc…

I prefer NOT to get ripped off with my DLC like Capcom (RE5 and SF) and Activision (COD) love to do.

Yeah no shit it’s one map, and it’s FREE. You need me to respell that for you? F R E E.

Last time i checked, companies were charging for the STUPIDIST shit such as costumes and masks. But you must live on a specially excempt planet..

11. XxT_I_K_IxX_PR

@9 It has already been fixed, you have to pass those parts again… Well that’s what I did.

12. Thalius

They made a crappy MP mode and now they try to cover it up with free stuff… But on the other hand its free stuff right? :)

13. Howie Feltersnatch

^
    Have you even played the multiplayer? It’s a lot better than most NON-FPS multi-player out there. Ofcourse, you’d know that if you played it.

14. EscoBlades

@12: I think you just won idiot of the day.

15. Yoshi

@10 Wow some ones on their period! Want me to get you some milk and cookies to ease the pain? The point I was making was that you were comparing this DLC to DLC of Call of Duty which last time I checked provided 4 or 5 maps. This gives 1 map so you can’t really compare the two.

My other point where I mentioned Valve is from “God I love companies like Ubisoft.” By this your implying Ubisoft is a good all round company, which it is not when they fuck up other platforms such as the PC versions of games.

And just to finish of, “YOU’RE fucking crazy if your complaining” I never complained or even gave a hint to complaining about getting free stuff :)

16. pumpkinhead303

@11 i’ve played the memories over a few times, i may have to start a new game to get them, ones the tank trophy, and the others is burn all towers, sucks to have to get those al over again their so far in the story.