Bethesda’s Mark Lampert walks you through the sounds of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Friday, 14th January 2011 23:15 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

skyrim

Ready for another drip-feed of information from Game Informer on The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim?  You’re in luck then, because the site has posted up four videos on the game’s music, sound design, voice acting, and sound effects.

Each one features Mark Lampert, audio director and sound designer at Bethesda. You’ll also get to hear an unedited bit of actor Max von Sydow’s reading for the game  – which was recorded in Paris a few weeks ago.

Lampert also plays for the fellas a tidbit of the musical score composed by Jeremy Soule.

Watch all four videos through here.

Skyrim is out November 11 on PC, PS3, and Xbox 360

1. Erthazus

The one thing that was right in TES4 Oblivion is Jeremy Soule’s music.

Bethesda is so lucky to have that composer.

2. Anders

Oh god, the theme for Morrowind is fucking fantastic.

3. Erthazus

Thats also from Jeremy Soule

That was the only reason why i finished Oblivion to be honest. If there was no Soule i could give a big F about that piece of crap full of trees.

4. Dralen

Each time I see these new videos on Skyrim I get more and more excited for this game.

5. Aiglous

Having Soule’s music is (and always will be)a great advantage for Elder Scroll series, I suggest downloading the OSTs, they’re fabulous even without playing the game.
    PS:don’t get me wrong, the game itself is the greatest RPG of all time and frankly, I’m dying for just one bloody skyrim pic!

6. ybfelix

Sorry somehow video won’t load for me, anyone tell me did they mention more than 4 voice actors in that interview?